Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble-UPDATED Scroll DOWN

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:43 AM
kerberos
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble (Updated)

ORIGINAL: pedrodiver

Ok, I finally broke down and took her in. Bike was really riding poorly. It never actually broke down but man it rode like sh*t. After being at the dealer a week I call and ask "any news?" To which the Service rep says...well, during the roadtest the technician noticed poor performance. Long story short - (well kinda) Servcies rep said Harley was having problems with the injectors for this bike and it currently had 8 Degree injectors but NOW the technician replaced the Injectors to 25 degree Injectors....road tested agaain....better but still sucks. Also, they've noticied no voltage from the "crank sensor" and its on order will have tomorrow. 4 times I've had to bring take this bike in....2 recalls and a broken throttle cable (only 3000 miles on the bike when it broke) I purchased the Bike Oct of 05. Coming up on having it two years....total milege 4450. I've already paid it off. Shaking my head in disbelief.....

Seann
Sounds like the dealer is making it right... What's the problem?
Stuff breaks. Manufacturers discover problems. There are good mechanics and bad mechanics (even at the dealer). None of this is new or out of the ordinary or specific to Harley. Stick to your guns and don't accept the bike until you are happy with it.
Once the dealer gets this fixed, you'll be having a good time and this'll be a thing of the past.

wt.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:15 AM
pedrodiver
6th Gear

Thanks. I needed to hear something like the last post. I agree, the dealer appears to be making things right. I'm cool with waiting it out.

-Seann

Old 07-31-2007, 09:49 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude I hate to hear you having problems with a new 05bike. To me the way yer bike is not running good sound similar to the computer too.
I had a Se Race tuner installed and the bike dynoed, it ran good but was funny about wanting to run after you stopped and tried to leave again. Turned out it was running too rich from the dyno program I paid 350.00 for.
Yep the crank sensor is tied into the computer to tell the computer where the crank is on the firing order. I'm suprised H-D with their computer they can't tell if this is the problem.
If I go to the H-D dealer and try to git something in parts its not in stock, when I pay for it, they have it within 3 days.
Had a factory recall on the handle bars. Took 6 months to git it taken care of with me constantly callling them and going in the store every 2 weeks. Even then you had to be in order with who was ahead of you waiting on the part.
Hope you get everything straighted out on yer bike. Keep us informed on how it goes. With 4450 miles you ain't gettin much riding time in either. I'm in the 9000 mile range on my 07 and I ride mostly on the weekends.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Can you tell me more about the handle bar recall?

Old 07-31-2007, 10:13 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a notise from H-D in Wisconson on the 07 Wide Glide on a Handle bar recall.
They had a recall on the recalibration of the computer 1st. Seemed the bike was running a little lean, they called it torque smoothie calibration.Instead of the calibration I went with the SE race tuner and had it dynoed, only to take if off later and put the Thundermax on.
Where the wires go up threw the bottom of the handle bars the bars were cracking and breaking rightthere. You had to take the bars off the bike to see the crack real good.
It took the H-D mechanic about 2 hours or so to replace them. Seems like nobody stocks the bars either and you git a lot of excuses about H-D is behind because of their strike and other stuff.
I don't think the dealer likes to do recalls unless they can make a lot of money off it.
I complained about it had been 6 months, How long does it take to git a set of bars. I was to the point I said mabe I need to call wisconsonto see what the deal is on the bars. I let them know I wasn't a happy camper.
Go to yer H-D dealer with yer bike or have yer serial number and ask him about any recalls on yer bike. They can look it up in the computer.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:36 AM
kerberos
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: pedrodiver

Thanks. I needed to hear something like the last post. I agree, the dealer appears to be making things right. I'm cool with waiting it out.

-Seann
Man, if you were closer we could go ridin' when you get it back.

wt.

Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM
jtees
Cruiser
Default RE: 06 Dyna SuperGlide - Engine trouble-UPDATED Scroll DOWN

I just had a buddy take his bike in bacuase of loosing power and the fuel pump kept kicking on. There was a tube inside the gas tank that is to long and rubs a whole in it on the inside of the tank. The said it is aproblem they are seeing.