Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock fxlds... VnH pro pipe vs BSS.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 06:42 PM
VT81
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rideon
Smoke another one. The Delphi fuel injected Harley’s run perfectly with a good tune. Who wants to fiddle fawk around with a carburetor anymore on there everyday ride!
Apparently YOU Dont wanna "fawk around" and would rather "plug in and play/ride" . My H-Ds run mid 10 seconds in the 1320" ( 1/4 MILE ) Consistently . Again (apparently ) your NOT a Drag Racer ,Street Racer or Fabricator-Builder like myself,although I appreciate the reply and exchange of your views . I wont argue with you BECAUSE If I happen to be so fortunate to actually SEE and Race You in person and or on the RARE OCCASION at either Sturgis or Laughlin or the HD Drags and NMRA events , then we can meet and I'd gladly introduce myself and we could race in a friendly atmosphere and scenario ,exchange performance tips,let YOU SEE what I run and ask me anything & I'd be glad to answer you honestly and respectfully to your opposite and argumentative statements . I disagree with your post- but that doesn't create any animosity on my part to your opinion posted here and I respect all reply's opinions,arguments and other banter to discuss and explain what I RUN and WIN WITH on both the street and strip . My email is available-so feel free to write me and discuss anything that you think i'm wrong about .
Vince @ VT81

Old 03-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Arseclown
Road Captain
Received 181 Likes on 100 Posts

Why limit yourself to Vance and *****?
If you like looks and sound, go for it but know they're loud, aren't great performing, make that annoying droning noise on the highway when cruising, and their brackets are known to break.

Other mentions of thunderheader and bassani rr being the best performance pipes, really?! Id suggest they're ok and probably an improvement for performance over Vance and ***** but I've seen plenty of quality issues with thunderheader, and plenty of torque dips with bikes tuned by reputable tuners using both thunderheader and bassani rr .

D&d and supertrapp are worth a look.
​​​​​​

Old 03-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well handled Vince...

Old 03-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Ya, I will have to check those ou, thx. Bassani, tbr, Vance and hines...are honestly the only pipes I've heard live on the fxdls. I've tried researching many, rb racing looked interesting, but don't know anyone that has that pipe. I do like the exhaust note of a VnH pipe on a Harley. But that's just a personal preference. I plan on just doing exhaust for right now, ride it that way probably a few years. But engine mods would be great, but not at this time for me. Will be awhile until I could keep up with Vince...lol

Old 03-10-2018, 04:02 AM
mirrmu
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

yeah the pro-pipe a great buy

there nothing in it between pro=pipe and others

they don't hang low but more out from the bike so when lean over it will scrape

if you scape then check head studs, you can get brackets welded up easy

Old 03-10-2018, 04:20 AM
Gmritz
6th Gear

Thx for the info. Those really the only 2 issues with that pipe I've heard about researching them. I'm curious if the short version has the same issues

Old 03-10-2018, 10:46 AM
Dyna100
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Just installed R&B on my FXDL. Performs fantastic and I have no torque dips. The sound is better than the Pro Pipe on my FXDWG.

Last edited by Dyna100; 03-10-2018 at 10:48 AM.