Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fight the Powers That Be

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
fendrix
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fight the Powers That Be

So here's the set up: I ride to work pretty regularly with my neighbor. There is one spot reserved for motorcycle parking at the front of the plant...probably enough for 2 or 3 bikes and it's in a terrible spot in the parking lot....high traffic from towmotors, semi trucks and general civilian traffic. Not to mention dirt grime and speed bumps in the area as well and its about 2 football fields away from most production areas. Since it's not mandatory that we park in the one spot reserved for bikes...we don't. Nor do any of the other 8 guys on our shift that ride in to work.

My neighbor and Iwork in different departments, so he usually parks on one side of the plant and I park on the other. He made a comment last week that since he parks his bike in the same spot that his supervisor likes to park his truck, eventually the supervisor would probably make a comment about parking in the motorcycle spot. His supervisor is a d*ck, so a few times last week I stirred the pot a little bit by parking next to him and sure enough in the Monday morning meeting, his supervisor told the department that if you ride a bike you MUST park in the motorcycle spot. "I came in one day last week and there were 3 bikes over there and those spots could have been used by someone driving a car instead" AKA...he wanted to park in that spot.

Since my neighbor is the only guy in that department that rides and since his supervisor is full of crap, I went ahead and made a few comments to some of the other bikers in the plant who in turn passed the message along to a few others. So last night we all showed up to work and not only did we have 6 bikes NOT parking in the reserved motorcycle spot, we had all 6 bikes neatly in a row each taking one parking spot a piece....right where my neighbors supervisor likes to park.

You might think it's a bit childish on our parts, but the way I see it the supervisor was flat out wrong in trying to single out the one biker in his department to park somewhere else simply so he can have the prime spot closer to the door. The way we all came together to make a statement that we won't be buffaloed or pushed around simply because we're "not as good as you" only strengthens my faith in this lifestyle.

As far as I'm concerned, I've got a new parking spot at work from now on.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Fight the Powers That Be

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

Good for you guys.
As a motorized vehicle you are entitled to a spot each.

Besides maybe you show go see someone in the Human Resources. And explain to them that motorcycling is better for the enviroment and you doing your partin trying to "keep it green"motorcycles get 50 plus mpg, they love that crap.

Not only should you get more spot they should be up front.

Good luck

Old 06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

way to stick it to them we are lucky wher i work as we have a covered are in which to park but its not in the parking lot its in the old break area and we are waiting for them to tell us not to park there since we have to ride up about a 60 foot covered sidewalk to park there. I dont think anyone will say anything since one of the supivisors also parks there.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is great!

As long as it is not assigned parking that supervisor has no leg to stand on.

I am lucky I guess, the place I live and work the Motorcycle parking is right up front. I have seen cars try to park there too, and watched the tow truck take them away.

[rant on]If more people would ride bike to work we would not be in the oil crisis everyone seems to think we are. It is our own fault for driving a God Damned Excursion to work.....ALONE. If you want a car to drive to work, get a VW or something. Last time I checked it did not take a Huge V8, 1 ton running gear and 9 passenger ability to take one 5'6" 180 pound yuppie and his cellphone to the office.[/rant off]

Old 06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
yuma
Advanced

I'm one of only 2 who ride in out of 48 employees, and I park up front by the loading dock. No problem except one chick said I should park farthjer in the corner so she could park up front when she gets there ( usually late). It's nice even has a concrete apron so the jiffy stand doesn't sink in the hot asphalt

Old 06-20-2007, 12:42 PM
MoKeefus
Novice

Where I work parking is very very limited but there are enough motorcycle spots and they're right up front. When I have to park with the"General Population" I normally have to pay and it's a good 5-10 minute walk. It just makes so much sense to ride to work if it's possible. More people should be on bikes.

Old 06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Jman67
Tourer

HAHA, thats awesome. Great story and action. I would of done the same thing. I ride to work as much as I can. I park far away from everyone so I don't have to worry about anyone hitting it or anything like that.