Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat and sissy bar options for the 2017 FXDLS

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 11:22 AM
justfnride
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Seat and sissy bar options for the 2017 FXDLS

Been shopping around for 2-up seat and sissy bar for my Low Rider S. Searching the Forum, Lucky Dave's, Saddleman, LePera, and Mustang seem to be the most common and I'm leaning towards the Saddleman Step Up or Explorer models at the moment. I'd like to move back from the solo seat about an inch and wondering if anyone can tell me their thoughts if using the Saddleman models I mentioned. Also, I've looked at installing a detachable sissy bar from Harley and with all the needed hardware to relocate turn signals and license plate they are quoting over $400. The fixed mount sissy bars look great but look as if they'll damage the fender paint no matter how carefully I install it. I might be going with some LeatherPro bags in the future so I have to factor that in as well. What have you LRS owners done and what have you found that worked or didn't work? Pics would be great if you have any. Thanks!

Old 02-26-2018, 11:28 AM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by justfnride
Been shopping around for 2-up seat and sissy bar for my Low Rider S. Searching the Forum, Lucky Dave's, Saddleman, LePera, and Mustang seem to be the most common and I'm leaning towards the Saddleman Step Up or Explorer models at the moment. I'd like to move back from the solo seat about an inch and wondering if anyone can tell me their thoughts if using the Saddleman models I mentioned. Also, I've looked at installing a detachable sissy bar from Harley and with all the needed hardware to relocate turn signals and license plate they are quoting over $400. The fixed mount sissy bars look great but look as if they'll damage the fender paint no matter how carefully I install it. I might be going with some LeatherPro bags in the future so I have to factor that in as well. What have you LRS owners done and what have you found that worked or didn't work? Pics would be great if you have any. Thanks!
Just an FYI, the fixed bars are an easy install, you won't hurt your paint; the trick is to use some thin pieces of cardboard between the fender and the sissy bar side plates as you slide the bar on to the fender. No cutting of the turn signal wiring required, the plug ends will fit through the holes in the fender, support, and bar side plates.

Love my Bowman Welding/Top Hand Ventures 16" bar...

Old 02-26-2018, 02:02 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

I bought the Lucky Dave seat for mine, have a bowman 16" bar on order.

The Lucky Dave quality is top notch, it does sit you in a more aggressive posture. Sorry to say I haven't put many miles on it to give you a real review (bearing went out when I was testing it, then after that was fixed it snowed). Sometimes I wonder about being back farther but I haven't ridden this seat enough to judge that. Check out this post that has a video showing the difference in seat location: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...l#post17064284

I will say I felt I was more incontrol of the bike with this seat, it was easier for me to flick it with my hips again.

The Bowman sissy bar is fixed. I'm going to notch it so I don't have to fully remove the bolts to put it on or off. It's 20 minutes vs 90. The instructions for the rigid luggage rack I had on earlier mentioned dropping the whole fender and taking off the shocks to install it.

For me the Bowman is the perfect looking sissy bar. I'll post pictures once I have them but it could be two weeks since they're made to order.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

Oh, I have more photos of other peoples bikes.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master

And seats...

Old 02-26-2018, 02:50 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I have both the saddlemen step up and the explorer seats for my s. Both are quite comfortable and the step up stays on most times. If going for a ride for more than an hr I put the explorer on for the wife. Both of mine have gel in both sections and for the rider either will suit all day explorer edging slightly ahead. Keep an eye on eBay or the forums and you will find deals on sissy bars people sell when they trade in bikes. I just bought a detachable set up with the wide fat boy style back rest and luggage rack for under 200 shipped. I don't have a very good pic of the explorer installed other than when I first got it.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:25 PM
justfnride
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I don't have a very good pic of the explorer installed other than when I first got it.
Thanks, good suggestion on the auction site. Been watching the classified here too and Craigslist. Might just buy the bar new if I go with the fixed mount. That the Step Up or the Explorer in the photo?

Old 02-26-2018, 04:05 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

I have a BMC Wall seat and really like it. They will tailor a custom seat to fit your needs. I also was running a HD tall QD fairing with passenger backrest pad. I'd sell it for a decent deal. Then all you would need to get would be the relocate kit and strut plates for it.

Last edited by rbdub474; 02-26-2018 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:25 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

It's the step up. I can get you a picture with the explorer seat later this evening or tomorrow weather permitting

The following users liked this post:
justfnride (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 05:05 PM
StreetBobUnit
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Love my LePera Daytona DDL with Top Hand Ventures 16" sissy bar. The sissy bar high quality for sure.

Quick Reply: Seat and sissy bar options for the 2017 FXDLS