Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 FXDCI trade in value

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:49 PM
glebo
|
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Default 06 FXDCI trade in value

I've been mulling over the idea of trading up my super glide to a softtail heritage, an 07 red/black. I called one dealer and they said I could get 9500 for my 06 superglide[:@]. 15500 new. I NADA'd and kelly blue booked it, resale is around 13200-14600 pending on witch book you use. I only have 10900 miles on it with a PCIII, cycle shacks, a/c and various chrome peices. I think they should come up off some more jingle to me[&:]. I am going by a second dealer this afternoon, but they are all out of 07's, so I am going to see what the numbers are for an 08. I also asked one of the salesman about not being able to do any mod's to the 08's, and he said "where the h*ll did ya hear that?", I told him the rumor mill, but you know how that goes. So....we shall see what happens. And, the dealer I'm going to is the one I bought it from, and I am going to talk to the salesman who sold me my superglide. Could be interesting.

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:52 PM
Azrael
Cruiser
Default RE: 06 FXDCI trade in value

I know the dealers around here take what they can sell the bike for and subtract 4000 for the trade value. so the 9500 is probably a little low but depends on your area. Remember that the 06 has the smaller engine so that will affect the trade in as well. I would just sell the bike, sure its a pain but 13200 vs 9500 is a no brainer in my book.

Old 06-19-2007 | 04:58 PM
glebo
|
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army

thats probly the way I'll go, makes sense, just a pain in the azz to sell, phone calls, who knows who coming over to look etc, etc. I dont have to get rid of mine, just was thought if the numbers looked right.

Old 06-19-2007 | 05:08 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

fact of life. harley's DO NOT hold value like they used to . just the way it is . do a e-bay search and see what they have sold for.

Old 06-19-2007 | 05:35 PM
forkliftfixr
Advanced

The local STEALER tried to pull that BS with me when I went in there and was thinking about trading in the 06 for a new 07 with the new motor..... I just went to Kelly Blue Book and they have a little note saying that no data on the FXDCI as not enough have been traded in to establish a fair market value. On the STOCK Superglide(NOT THE CUSTOM)it says the $9,500.00 range..

I guess it all depends on what the dealer is willing to do...... My buddy took his 06 Sportie 1200with 1200 miles on it to the dealer we deal with and he paid the thing off plus gave him $1,100.00 because of all of the extras (chrome, exaust, and saddle bags)twords the purchase price of the new 07 hebought because of all of the razzing I gave him about buying a Sportster.

Old 06-19-2007 | 07:51 PM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

A value of a motorcycle has nothing to do with Kelly or NADA. The value is what someone will pay for it. The market is FLOODED with used and new bikes. It's a trade in. You're going to lose money substantially the first few years. Keep your bike for over five years and it will maintain its value. I hear this all the time about someone who buys a harley and expects to get back $1000 below what they bought it for. The biggest depreciation is the first year.

That's why when you buy a bike, car, whatever be prepared to hold on to it or put some substantial cash down at trade in time.

Another thing, it doesn't matter what you have in accessories, they ain't worth squat when trading in or selling.

People need to be realistic. Why would the dealer give you, say $12,00 for a bike they sell new for $12,500? They have to prepare it for sale, they have advertising, over head, staff, utilities, and every other expense that a business has.

If everyone is offering $9500, then that's what the trade in value is.No matter what those little books say.

Keep it and sell in four years. Otherwise, eat the depreciation and keep the new Heritage for a lot longer than you are keeping the Super Glide.

Old 06-19-2007 | 09:06 PM
rocksandgiz
Road Captain

I had a 2004 XL1200R with 460 miles on it and they only wanted to give me $5900 for it. It had a 4.5 gallon tank, lowering shocks and was like new. Wanted to trade on a new dyna. Took the dyna for a test drive and it rode nice. I didn't trade and sold the sporty for $7400. Like a week later. I didn't buy their dyna either. I bought a used 2001 FXDP with 6100 miles on it for $8850. It runs real nice also. Sell it yourself and buy what you want. I'm not giving the stealer my hard earned cash. Around here they just wont deal, Theirs is gold and yours isn't. I know they would have sold my sporty for like $8400.

Old 06-19-2007 | 11:59 PM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member

Amen. Harleys are not for investments, they are for riding... you wanna invest go get into stocks

ORIGINAL: AZ Rider

A value of a motorcycle has nothing to do with Kelly or NADA. The value is what someone will pay for it. The market is FLOODED with used and new bikes. It's a trade in. You're going to lose money substantially the first few years. Keep your bike for over five years and it will maintain its value. I hear this all the time about someone who buys a harley and expects to get back $1000 below what they bought it for. The biggest depreciation is the first year.

That's why when you buy a bike, car, whatever be prepared to hold on to it or put some substantial cash down at trade in time.

Another thing, it doesn't matter what you have in accessories, they ain't worth squat when trading in or selling.

People need to be realistic. Why would the dealer give you, say $12,00 for a bike they sell new for $12,500? They have to prepare it for sale, they have advertising, over head, staff, utilities, and every other expense that a business has.

If everyone is offering $9500, then that's what the trade in value is.No matter what those little books say.

Keep it and sell in four years. Otherwise, eat the depreciation and keep the new Heritage for a lot longer than you are keeping the Super Glide.

Old 06-20-2007 | 12:40 AM
lowriderfxr
Tourer

Call C&S in Nashville. They will sell you a BRAND NEW FXD for less than 12K. I know that is not for a FXDC, but itis for a 96in 6 speed. That makes it tough to get 12k for an 06.

Plus the rumor has it that 08 is bringing more base models for cheap prices. I am not trying to flame anyone just make a point.

Old 06-20-2007 | 05:20 AM
soarer 1
Advanced

In Australia we have a bike sellers magazine called Just Bikes.
It has the nickname of Just Harleys, because of all the 2nd hand ones in it for sale.
The market gets flooded real quick when a heap of a brand sells well, as Harleys do out here, so trade prices go down as stated.
The only benefit of buying a new Harley here is that there is no discounting from any dealers, as they cant get enough new bikes to be in that position, so the value is up a little.
I paid $26,500 for my FXDC on the road. ( Aussie $ ), so we pay a premium for the privilage of owning one.[:@]

Quick Reply: 06 FXDCI trade in value