Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Glide or Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018 | 07:32 AM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by OliviaTravels
Hi everyone I'm Olivia and still new to posting here. Can I ask which Glide would you recommend for my bf. He lives in Dubai right now and is looking at getting a Glide model. Which would you think is best for riding in Dubai? Thanks any help but be much appreciated as I am getting advice and will pass it on to him. Olivia xx
Salam Olivia, for that country the Sport Glide is the best option,you would have to sort a filter system out though in case you get caught out in the Khamsin and you will.The Sport Glide won't get as hot caught in all that mule traffic on the outskirts of town too.
The only reason to go for the tourer is long hours of touring if you're going to be on the back but Dubai you can ride across in a few hours right.

Salam.

The following users liked this post:
OliviaTravels (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018 | 07:37 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Both bikes in question have the same engine. I'm not familiar with the oil cooler and induction setup on the Street Glide. Is there a reason it would be more susceptible to heat and dust?

Old 02-19-2018 | 08:36 AM
rideon
Road Warrior

If I was choosing between the two I would choose the street glide. You get a real fairing and hard bags instead of some tiny tots copy’s. Bags with small capacity and a useless little fairing.

Old 02-19-2018 | 09:52 AM
user 7172984932
Banned

Don’t even get a Harley unless there is someone who knows how to tune them. They run hot in normal climate let alone Dubai. Get an Adventure bike. See the thread onDual Sport and Adventure bikes.

Old 02-19-2018 | 10:14 AM
OliviaTravels
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cggorman
Filtering, aka lane splitting or white lining, is a choice. Plenty of room in the normal lane for a truck, let alone anything smaller.

Regardless, the discontinued Switchback is irrelevant in this discussion. The OP is looking at new bikes.

The Slim and.Sport Glide differ in more ways than just the fairing and bags. The inverted front end and.alloy wheels alone justify the added $2500 over the Slim. Add in the standard ABS, Cruise, extra lean angle, and convertible luggage and it becomes (IMO) a good value for those considering it.
Thanks so you would recommend the Sport Glide then? xx

Old 02-19-2018 | 10:16 AM
OliviaTravels
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by badcooky
Salam Olivia, for that country the Sport Glide is the best option,you would have to sort a filter system out though in case you get caught out in the Khamsin and you will.The Sport Glide won't get as hot caught in all that mule traffic on the outskirts of town too.
The only reason to go for the tourer is long hours of touring if you're going to be on the back but Dubai you can ride across in a few hours right.

Salam.
Hi and thank you I am getting the vibe that the Sport Glide would be most ideal and will pass all this info on I can't wait xx

Originally Posted by 71on72
Don’t even get a Harley unless there is someone who knows how to tune them. They run hot in normal climate let alone Dubai. Get an Adventure bike. See the thread onDual Sport and Adventure bikes.
Thanks but he totally has his heart set on a Harley and nothing can change his mind! xx

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 02-20-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2018 | 10:20 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I can’t give you advice on which model to get, but I will say which model to not get. Over there I would want a bike that is light and easy maneuverable, something I could dart around those crazy drivers. Also something with plenty of power to get himself out of tight situations that appear in his mirrors.

Old 02-19-2018 | 10:22 AM
OliviaTravels
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
I can’t give you advice on which model to get, but I will say which model to not get. Over there I would want a bike that is light and easy maneuverable, something I could dart around those crazy drivers. Also something with plenty of power to get himself out of tight situations that appear in his mirrors.
Hi ok great so which model would you NOT get then please? xx

Old 02-19-2018 | 10:30 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by OliviaTravels
Hi ok great so which model would you NOT get then please? xx
Something larger like a SG. Sorry, I love all tourers to death, but not over there. Any 1200 Sportster, Dyna, or new “Softail” will be preferable.

Old 02-19-2018 | 10:32 AM
OliviaTravels
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cowboy Rob
Something larger like a SG. Sorry, I love all tourers to death, but not over there. Any 1200 Sportster, Dyna, or new “Softail” will be preferable.
Ok so do you not recommend the Sport Gilde then as this is maybe the one he is most interested in right now? xx

Quick Reply: Sport Glide or Street Glide