Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner Seat vs. Touring Bike

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2018 | 05:01 PM
Lifestarts@40
Tourer

If my wife said that, I'd be at the dealer within the hour. BUTTTTTT, she doesn't have any interest in ever getting on the bike. So, I'll be keeping the Dyna for a loooooooong time.

Old 02-11-2018 | 05:46 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member

My Wife didn't like the stock seat on my old Low-Rider, so I put on a Sundowner seat and
a sissy bar with a backrest.

We put on a lot of miles on the old Low-Rider together after that, Happy Wife Happy Life.

John

Old 02-11-2018 | 06:59 PM
fporfido3
Intermediate

I have the sundowner on my street bob. It does look out of place, as other people have said, but my girlfriend loves it. She's got a wide @$$ so it's perfect for her and she says it's very comfortable. I find it to be comfortable for myself as well. All that being said, I have ordered a solo seat to run when I am by myself, which is 90% of the time. I figure I can sacrifice looks for comfort for the few times she rides with me, and the seats are easy enough to swap out.

Old 02-11-2018 | 07:15 PM
kberger
Cruiser
Default exactly

Originally Posted by OldPhat
My Wife didn't like the stock seat on my old Low-Rider, so I put on a Sundowner seat and
a sissy bar with a backrest.

We put on a lot of miles on the old Low-Rider together after that, Happy Wife Happy Life.

John
For a whole lot less than a new bike, a better seat, backrest, and larger foot pegs, you will have a much happier passenger. you can likely pick up all second hand and then resell if you go another route (new bike)

Old 02-11-2018 | 07:51 PM
Hoges
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kberger
For a whole lot less than a new bike, a better seat, backrest, and larger foot pegs, you will have a much happier passenger. you can likely pick up all second hand and then resell if you go another route (new bike)
I couldn't agree more, I love my FXDLS and don't want to change to accomodate the missus.
with the addition of a dual sundowner seat, sissy bar and rack and pillion pegs we are super comfortable for even longer rides.
I agree the sundowner looks like a whale carcass on the bike but I can put up with it when we're 2 up.
It takes only a couple of minutes to unclip the quick detach sissy bar and rack and swap the seat for the stock solo when I'm riding solo.
Sorry for the crap photo, it's the only one I have of the sundowner.

The following users liked this post:
Brsblls (02-16-2018)
Old 02-11-2018 | 08:56 PM
MRFREEZE57
Seasoned HDF Member

when I bought the 14 low rider, wife went 1 short ride on stock seat, said it had to go. put on a sundowner, have been many happy miles since. it does take away from the looks of the bike but my bike is to ride, not to look at.

Attached Thumbnails Sundowner Seat vs. Touring Bike-dscn1198.jpg   Sundowner Seat vs. Touring Bike-dscn1176.jpg  
Old 02-11-2018 | 11:30 PM
Surly
Cruiser

Get a Road King and put a sundowner seat on it! Even comfier.

Old 02-11-2018 | 11:44 PM
Hoges
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Surly
Get a Road King and put a sundowner seat on it! Even comfier.
Thats ok but many of us prefer the chuck ability and much lower weight of the dyna.

Old 02-12-2018 | 09:58 AM
WHS
Tourer

I have a sundowner on my FXDC.
The missus loves it & has no complaints at all.

I find it moves me a bit closer to the bars so, although my *** is super comfy, my arms & legs are no longer exactly where I want them . This spoils my ride a bit.

The missus says I have to just suck it up......

Last edited by WHS; 02-12-2018 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-12-2018 | 10:39 AM
5150northrider
Outstanding HDF Member

My brother has a 2014 fat bob and he puts the sundowner on when the wife rides with him and puts the stock seat on when it's just him, I say go for it if you are happy with your bike. But I also say if you never ride alone your probably best on a different bike.

Quick Reply: Sundowner Seat vs. Touring Bike