Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fob failure

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 02:05 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ
Yes, RFI. Doesn't need to be a mast either. A transformer may do it. It's not just HD that has this problem. My C6Z06 and a friend's Z had a similar issue.

Found this out the "fun" way at BigBear Lake for lunch. (100 miles away.)

Mine started, his said, "No FOBS."

Thought we were going to have his towed to another location to start. Then, it suddenly started! Crazy. (And he's retired NAVY communications!)
That's a helpful thought. I've looked at the aerial view on Google Maps and don't see a mast, although the photo may be out of date, so I'll look out for one next time I'm passing. However, there is a cluster of farm buildings close by, and they might well have a transformer, either one for their own use or one they've leased out land for.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:09 AM
Graham UK
Tourer
Received 172 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbadpoppa
Change your fob battery regularly. Most fob problems are attributed to this. If you have a spare fob it also drains sitting in youe cupboard just as fast as your primary one cause they constantly emit a signal.
Good thinking. Yesterday I purchased some new batteries, changed the one in the main fob, and stored the others (they are well in date) as back up, on the basis that there's no point in putting a new battery in the spare fob if it'll run down even when not in use.

Old 01-16-2018, 05:34 AM
Manninagh
Road Captain
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Cold will do it, as will a flat battery, but phone masts, BT landline microwave rebro masts and (occasionally) mobile phone blockers will also cause this. You probably know that you can change the code to a number of your choice even if you don't know the present code, as long as you have a working fob.
My problem is that I can never remember how to use the code, so I carry the little card from the back of the user manual in my wallet. Old.

The following users liked this post:
Graham UK (01-16-2018)