Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does your 2 Harley (Dream or reality) garage look like?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 AM
Tall Timber
Road Warrior
Received 425 Likes on 259 Posts
Default What does your 2 Harley (Dream or reality) garage look like?

I'm loving riding my Harley more and more especially because I can do 90% of the maintenance myself.

My daily though (BMW) hasn't seen much seat time while the weather is good and it has me thinking that 2 Harleys could work for my needs better than my current Harley/Beemer line up.

So

You obviously already own a Dyna because you're hanging out here. What would your second Harley be & why?

Old 12-21-2017, 03:50 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

dyna and sporty for me. why:
  1. sporty is still more fun than the fxdwg, to me anyway...
  2. easier to manage/maneuver in town/tighter areas.
  3. quicker than the fxdwq
  4. easier/cheaper to work on than any twin cam/m8
  5. completely different riding position and ergos, i cant flat foot it without boots..

people judge it as girls bike or whatever but, fk um. i love my little red buddy. it's still my priority/primary bike/go to bike

waiting for a monster deal on a new softail 114, that will go under the knife to become a 124+ and dual disked/odc'd. that will make 3. no bike left behind.

i will also take a touring bike if one pops up cheap (sub 6k) just to mess with. so i can be Von Metal... because "i ride" lol

Last edited by cvaria; 12-21-2017 at 04:26 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Tall Timber (12-23-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,027 Posts

When I bought my wide glide I still had my sporster, I drove the wide glide all the time. The sporster sat so I sold it and would soon regret it. After a couple years and a couple northeast winters I realized I need a beater bike, I bought the fxr. Good set up for me.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:10 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
cvaria (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 06:01 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Assuming someone else is taking care of the money aspect.

The reason I have a Dyna is purely functional. My commute is a 140 mile round trip with a lot of lane splitting stationary or slow traffic. I need to be able to jump on the thing and go and hate dealing with maintenence like oiling chains etc.

So dream Dyna would be FXDLS with full rear fender, leather pros and everything else as I have it setup now. (13.5 shocks, 1/4 fairing 12" bars, touring lowers and handguards).

Then the difficult decision. My other use cases are club stuff (Dyna does 99% of that without an issue), looking cool (dyna has that covered), tinkering (cannot do that on a daily).

So either an FXR to mess about with and modify, chain conversion, big motor, hot paint, or maybe an older chop, Panhead motor.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:48 AM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

First off I need a 20x20 slab poured under my carport that will end up being my garage. Enclose it, hang a garage door and then move my low rider into her new space.

Then...find another low mile Dyna, wideglide for sure. Then replace my old dirt bike with something more modern, upgrade my son’s Chinese knockoff with a little Jap version. And end with a nice little 4x4 Gator type utility vehicle for my place and our beach excursions.

So picture perfect garage for me would be 2 Dynas, 2 new dirt bikes and a utility vehicle. And just outside the garage is a new tractor with box blade and shredder. I’ll keep my current truck though. Anyone want to share the next drawings winning lotto numbers with me? :-)

Old 12-21-2017, 07:30 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Red face

Originally Posted by TejasJeff
First off I need a 20x20 slab poured under my carport that will end up being my garage. Enclose it, hang a garage door and then move my low rider into her new space.

Then...find another low mile Dyna, wideglide for sure. Then replace my old dirt bike with something more modern, upgrade my son’s Chinese knockoff with a little Jap version. And end with a nice little 4x4 Gator type utility vehicle for my place and our beach excursions.

So picture perfect garage for me would be 2 Dynas, 2 new dirt bikes and a utility vehicle. And just outside the garage is a new tractor with box blade and shredder. I’ll keep my current truck though. Anyone want to share the next drawings winning lotto numbers with me? :-)
I assume you have asphalt under your carport, with concrete piers in the corners with 4-6, why not leave it. Hog out the perimeter, go down 4ft pour concrete right in the ground come up with a course of block just under top of pier, run sill on top flush to top of pier. Start framing!! Get out of the outside elements. Did this with a friend, it came out good. Now as far as a permit, depends were you are. He went with the better to ask forgiveness than permission. You are only putting up curtain walls, nothing structural.

Old 12-21-2017, 07:36 AM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior
Received 549 Likes on 281 Posts

Last edited by Tileman2692; 12-21-2017 at 07:37 AM.
cvaria (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 07:43 AM
TejasJeff
Tourer
Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man
I assume you have asphalt under your carport, with concrete piers in the corners with 4-6, why not leave it. Hog out the perimeter, go down 4ft pour concrete right in the ground come up with a course of block just under top of pier, run sill on top flush to top of pier. Start framing!! Get out of the outside elements. Did this with a friend, it came out good. Now as far as a permit, depends were you are. He went with the better to ask forgiveness than permission. You are only putting up curtain walls, nothing structural.
No sir just gravel under it now. And thank you for the suggestion!! I’m in the boonies so no need for a permit...and sounds cheaper than cement-they’re proud of that shiat. BUT my Dyna currently sits it an enclosed barn type pier/beam construction building...my “workshop” for now. She only sees the elements when I pull her out.

bulwyeth (12-21-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 07:44 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

Pretty cozy car port!

Quick Reply: What does your 2 Harley (Dream or reality) garage look like?