Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did you notice that?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:50 PM
jackamoto
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you notice that?

This is the reply I got from the service manager at the dealer here after they did my 1k service and brought out the bike to me with a dent in the tank. That dent was not there when i brought it in. After a few choice words tehy agreed to fix it ifI brought it in to them on the folowing tuesday ( denim street bob) i said i want a new tank they said oh we can fix it np.

So today I go to pick up the bike from them at 830 to make it to a poker run bye 1100. Well 1030 rolls around and the service writer comes up and tells me well we have a leak we are going to fix before we give it back to ya. Cool np I understand I am going to miss the run but atleast I get my bike back and ill do some stuffI been meaning to anyway. Well 11;30 rolls around well we gonna give ya the bike but you gonna have to bring it back the tank is not acceptable they spilled fuel all over it before the stuff even cured and even scratched the hell out of the other side of the tank so now its really fubared. can ya bring it back and leave it for oh 2 weeks so we can make it right. Hey atleast they are trying but dam two weeks in the beginning of summer is jsut wrong.

Any way so i proceded to install teh Daisy cutters i bought for it and the arlen a/c and dam even with the fooked tank the bike looks great freaking loud but it looks good. I did put int eh 4 inch baffles but might have to look at doing some thing differentfor pipes but for the moment i will keep them hope they grow on me and dont get me into too much trouble. Had already installed teh zippers thundermax unit and it made a huge difference on the bike with stock ac and pipes.

Will post pics soon as i dont have a camera atm.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:59 PM
freebyrd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How did you notice that?

had a so so experience with the dealer myself today, they sure have the sales part down to a fine science,
but when it comes to service some seem to be lacking
good luck with yours, did you ask about a loaner?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

Sorry Dude but it is

Just another reason to buy a manual and do it All yourself.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:26 AM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Your getting poked hard - better hold on - They owe you a new tank.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:39 PM
intempestivus
Cruiser

Make those jiffy lube rejects give you a new one man.

Seems like all the good techs are indies now and they are all booked up. I just do it all myself. If I screw it up, at least I learned something.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:53 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: boogiewithtuck

Your getting poked hard - better hold on - They owe you a new tank.
I'm down with that, they owe you a new one. "Oh we can fix that" wouldn't cut it in my book. They break it, they bought it.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:35 AM
bikecop40
Tourer

DEMAND 2 TALK 2 THE OWNER OF THE DEALERSHIP ! ! if they (service writer, tech, and the dumb fu*ks that messed up your ride) see you as a weak customer they will eat you alive. Go in there and demand they overnight you a new tank and GIVE you a service manual. The next day when your new tank comes in, take it home and install it YOURSELF then you will know it will be 100%
D/C

Old 06-19-2007, 01:15 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My question is did they fix it properly or get their best sculpter to fill it full of mud? i'm with everyone else, you had a perfectly good tank when it when in so they owe it to you to replace it with a new one. Word of mouth is mighty powerfull, if you aren't satisfied let EVERYONE know.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Jman67
Tourer

I am with some of the others...DEMAND a new tank.

Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
silverbullet2005
Tourer

I agree, Demand a new tank along with something to compensate you for your lost time and hasslesthen if they say no then take out your cell phone and call Harley Davidsoncustomer service at 1-414-343-4056.

Quick Reply: How did you notice that?