Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incase you’re wondering..bassani rr3 hipower

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 06:51 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 190 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
get outta here! you are way outta line, lol i have zero problems with mine. fantastic pipe and great build. i love terrorizing the streets with it
i do agree with just sending back the pipe and getting a normal rr3 stopping this madness. i'll chip in $50.
or your 50$ can help cover the cost of the custom bracket

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:16 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
or your 50$ can help cover the cost of the custom bracket
nope. my $50 goes to support the Bassani 'stache :

Old 12-05-2017, 07:54 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

get outta here! you are way outta line, lol i have zero problems with mine. fantastic pipe and great build. i love terrorizing the streets with it

@op: i do agree with just sending back the pipe and getting a normal rr3 stopping this madness. i'll chip in $50. or just call them and get athe correct bracket. they will take care of you. 714.630.1821
http://www.bassani.com/contact/
I called them and asked if they made a bracket for the six speed as I’ve heard of bassani shipping out the wrong brackets before they just told me they don’t make one period. I’m not sure a rr3 bracket would fit there might be slight differences in the muffler mounting location

Last edited by Dynaglide92; 12-05-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:58 PM
TOE_CUTTER
Road Master
Received 288 Likes on 208 Posts

C'mon guys,

So a manufacturer is finally making a mass production part for high power 124" in a Dyna frame, they forget to put a disclaimer on their website, and now it is fraud, them trying to rip off people, and their product is ****? Really? What happened to giving a place a call before you put down over a thousand dollars, or better yet talking to a good indy, to find out if there is any things you should know about before buying? Maybe I'm very lucky to have a good indy close to me, and I don't mind paying his 10% product mark-up knowing he will make it happen, even if there are issues installing a part. He has a mill and lathe for strictly that purpose. A bracket is a very minor part to have re-made or modified. If you want an exhaust perfect, then go to a custom fabricator and pay to have perfection. It will cost you more than that mass production exhaust.

End of rant, lol.

Dave

Old 12-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by TOE_CUTTER
C'mon guys,

So a manufacturer is finally making a mass production part for high power 124" in a Dyna frame, they forget to put a disclaimer on their website, and now it is fraud, them trying to rip off people, and their product is ****? Really? What happened to giving a place a call before you put down over a thousand dollars, or better yet talking to a good indy, to find out if there is any things you should know about before buying? Maybe I'm very lucky to have a good indy close to me, and I don't mind paying his 10% product mark-up knowing he will make it happen, even if there are issues installing a part. He has a mill and lathe for strictly that purpose. A bracket is a very minor part to have re-made or modified. If you want an exhaust perfect, then go to a custom fabricator and pay to have perfection. It will cost you more than that mass production exhaust.

End of rant, lol.

Dave

my bracket issue has been addressed with my builder as of today when mine goes in for the build a bracket will be built. I started this thread just to forewarn other people of the fitment problems they may encounter. I have the patience to wait others may not. Also this pipe was just released so there is not much info on this pipe I called bassani to correct this as apparently their r&d department and customer service were not on the same page.

Rant over lol

Old 12-05-2017, 08:39 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

That isn't a "minor" fab job. That bracket is mis-engineered by a mile. Holy ****. I thought only Lockheed Martin Space Systems engineered parts like that. Or HD.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:52 PM
F86
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 900 Likes on 600 Posts

While this does sound very frustrating when not expected, I will say that I have a "standard" RR3, and I absolutely love it. It's made really nicely, it fits well, it sounds great, and it makes really good power. If anyone reading this thread gets the impression that Bassani should be avoided, that's definitely not true!

The following 2 users liked this post by F86:
cvaria (12-05-2017), rideon (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

nope. my $50 goes to support the Bassani 'stache :

Hahaha!!! Grow one! You won’t!

Old 12-05-2017, 10:25 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Just FYI, the pictured bracket isn't "mis-engineered". It's for a different transmission.

I don't quite understand the logic of making a bracket for a niche trans and not a standard one. They've got easy access to the data and obviously have the engineering and fab equipment. Wouldn't take an afternoon to be up and running.

But...whatever. Simple matter to correct.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by cggorman
Just FYI, the pictured bracket isn't "mis-engineered". It's for a different transmission.

I don't quite understand the logic of making a bracket for a niche trans and not a standard one. They've got easy access to the data and obviously have the engineering and fab equipment. Wouldn't take an afternoon to be up and running.

But...whatever. Simple matter to correct.

theyre only hurting themselves honestly. Give it time they’ll realize this I mean very few people have the coin to drop on a baker trans + a big motor build/engine and if they do they’ll prolly get a custom made exhaust to set themselves apart but what do I know..

Quick Reply: Incase you’re wondering..bassani rr3 hipower