Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air leaks around injection system

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Arnhem44
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air leaks around injection system

Has anybody suffered any problems associated with the intake manifold area/components of the injection system on twin cams ? (Air leaks etc.. )
.. If so, what symptoms have you suffered ??

I have a 2004 FXDXi which form time to time looses power, and then when throttled up will race to 4000 revs and hold at that pace for a few minutes before settling back.
I've had the bike hooked up for error/fault checking, and no recent faults have been logged.
.. Also, I have changed the fuel pump, pick-up filter, and pressure bowl filter, as well as the pressure feed pipe/fuel **** assembley.

.. I was wondering if an air leak around the intake manifold area might be causinga false reading via thepressure intakesensor causing the bike to overfuel .. as if the bike was thinking it required more fuel in "low pressure choke on" situation ?.

.. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome ..

Cheers ..

GJ - England ..

Old 06-14-2007, 04:34 PM
hounddog
Tourer
Default RE: Air leaks around injection system

with the bike warm and idling spray sum wd-40 or carb cleaner around the intake manifold and injectors and if the idle changes then you gots a leak, if nothing happens then you prob dont have a leak but maybe a crazy ecm or if you have a tuner it might be going bad??? im not to sure past the carb cleaner step. maybe someone else here has sum other things to check......

Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Arnhem44
Stage IV

Cheers for the tip Hounddog,

... It's just one of them faults that does'nt show itself on a diagnostic check ... so the previously suspected items such as the throttle position sensor, crank position sensor,MAP, and even the Bank angle sensor are more or less in the clear.
...My train of thought after the diagnostic was the sensors could only be reading what was there, and so if the engine was first under fueling, then over fueling, there must be an external fault screwing up the feedback - hence a possble erratic air leak.

Anyhow ... I'll give the WD a try ..

Cheers

GJ

Old 06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
hounddog
Tourer

no probs thats what were here for.......helpin fellow riders from experiance. god knows ive gotten lots of help since ive joined!!! its also saved me hundreds of dallas!!