Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Tire options

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 08:51 AM
tohi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Tire options

So its time to put new rubber on my Fat Bob rear tire. Looking for constructive comments about either staying with stock and only replacing the rear or getting rid of the enduro tires for a more traditional tread. I am sure other Fat Bob owners have had to make this decision. Thanks.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 AM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 354 Likes on 233 Posts

Lots of discussions on tires here. I have a 2012 fatbob I bought with 1800 miles on it. I hated the tires but did run them until 10k when I replaced both with avon cobras. They still had a fair amount of tread left, especially the front but just couldn't stand them any longer. Went with the avons based on my experience with them on my fatboy.
Anyway, they are a good sticky tire, especially in the rain, and are wearing well. They will be replaced with the same.
Don't be concerned because the rear is a radial and the front is bias.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 AM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

Night dragon all the way

I've always run stock on my Fxdb and lrs, and they suck. I find that after 2-3k miles they're worn enough to justify replacement. The most I ever got out of a stock tire is 7k and it was not safe to be riding. I don't do but outs but I do a lot of highway and we have those dumb ****in rain grooves on i94.

Ive heard a lot of hype about Perelli night dragons on here, and tincup actually suggested it to me as well. I found they were about 50 bucks cheaper on jp cycles than the stock tire from HD, and that's with my employee discount. I've got about 3k on my first night dragon and it still looks brand new. Tincup actually told me about an even cheaper web site to buy them from but I can't remember what it was so hopefully he will chime in on this.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:02 PM
okkomatz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m in for insight... was looking into the Commander 2’s and the Night Dragons.. I want something with good grip for performance but also adequate mileage due to not wanting to spend as much with constantly replacing

Old 10-16-2017, 01:17 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by okkomatz
I’m in for insight... was looking into the Commander 2’s and the Night Dragons.. I want something with good grip for performance but also adequate mileage due to not wanting to spend as much with constantly replacing
Then id definitely suggest the night dragon. After only 3k I already see a major difference in how well they wear compared to the stockers. The stock tires will last for 7k ish (for me anyway) but that's running them down to nothin. With 3k on em I've seen em as low as 2/32 tread depth. The night dragon seems to have great grip as I have a 117 lrs and I haven't broken the tire loose. I never try to do burnout a anyway but I'm highly satisfied with the nd. Especially since it's cheaper than the stock tire

Old 10-16-2017, 01:39 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member
Received 8,751 Likes on 3,962 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickd2689
Night dragon all the way

I've always run stock on my Fxdb and lrs, and they suck. I find that after 2-3k miles they're worn enough to justify replacement. The most I ever got out of a stock tire is 7k and it was not safe to be riding. I don't do but outs but I do a lot of highway and we have those dumb ****in rain grooves on i94.

Ive heard a lot of hype about Perelli night dragons on here, and tincup actually suggested it to me as well. I found they were about 50 bucks cheaper on jp cycles than the stock tire from HD, and that's with my employee discount. I've got about 3k on my first night dragon and it still looks brand new. Tincup actually told me about an even cheaper web site to buy them from but I can't remember what it was so hopefully he will chime in on this.

My go-to for all my motorcycle tires: https://www.jakewilson.com/

Always fresh date codes, and super fast shipping.

Couple the Night Dragons with Ride On for dynamic balancing and you'll be very pleased with the performance. Night Dragons are the only tire I run on a heavy cruiser; a fresh set on ND's and 3 bottles of Ride On are here ready to be spooned on this winter...

Old 10-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice

My go-to for all my motorcycle tires: https://www.jakewilson.com/

Always fresh date codes, and super fast shipping.

Couple the Night Dragons with Ride On for dynamic balancing and you'll be very pleased with the performance. Night Dragons are the only tire I run on a heavy cruiser; a fresh set on ND's and 3 bottles of Ride On are here ready to be spooned on this winter...

thats one thing I forgot to mention, my nd from jp cycles had a date code that was 6 months old. To me, that's not old enough to make a difference, however the guys at HD told me they've seen people get tired that were much older so you might wanna try tin cups suggested site

Old 10-16-2017, 03:00 PM
UKNixter
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a set of Night Dragons as waiting to go on. Found best price at Jake Wilson plus got a $60 rebate from Pirelli.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:01 PM
UKNixter
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Jake Wilson also handled all the rebate paperwork etc too. Top customer service.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:29 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

I'm hopeful Pirelli will expand the size offerings for the Night Dragon. They don't have what I want/need, so I'm "stuck" with Cobras.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob Tire options