Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'18 Fat Bob vs. Low Rider S

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 08:26 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
you dont have to change you, like the new stuff, or buy one. [No one is telling you to Like i said, its perfectly ok to say, "i just dont like it." you just insist on grand shows of defiance and wasted breath... that's cool. Hd does not care and the party is still going... change has happened. .. accept it. They aren't turning back. All that soul s*** is a wrap. Want vibes...keep your bike. You just bought it anyway....

Fatbob is a better performer... period. It's (and the rest of the line) the future ...period. There ergos on the fxdls are better. They may make a fxls... may not. We will see.

​​​​​
Originally Posted by adm
You personally don't have to accept change if you don't want to. You can stay exactly where you are.

But the world is changing around you and it's doing so at an ever increasing rate. If you don't embrace some of that, you may well find yourself left behind.
Which is fine if you like that.

Oh, really. Thank you so much for allowing me not to change.

"the world around you is changing, so you have to change or left behind"

What a nice thing to say. It's something that any reasonable person would accept. Something you cannot argue with. But, that's exactly why it was said in the first place.

The only problem is that it just does not apply in this case.

It applied when technology allowed us to sit at home and click the mouse and have the item show up at our doors. It changed the way we shopped. For the most part.

It applied when we attached a cell phone to our belts and walked around and sent text messages to a group of people simultaneously. We changed the way we communicate.

Now imagine Nicke*, a golf club maker, comes up with a Golf gear that lets you enter the distance and the grounds info into the machine and it does all the measurements and comes up with the exact amount of force needed to throw the ball right very close to the hole. All you need to do is to drop a ball into the machine and it does the rest.

What would the golfer say? Hello, the whole point of me playing golf was the joy of playing, and feeling the hit and watching the ball and waiting to see where it falls. Your machine plays a better golf than me, but what do I get out of it?

What would cvaria and adm say? The technology and the way we play golf is changing, so you must change.

I cant help but think these guys work for HD.

BTW, nice review brasher, I noticed the same thing, the front forks of the FB is too soft. I am glad youre keeping yours, even tho you called the FB "better". Not better for you, I guess.

Last edited by OddJack; 09-20-2017 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:38 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack
Yet, everyone will say the second bike is "better"

Intel Processor i7 is better than my intel i5 that I have on my laptop.
But guess what, I never run a program on my laptop that requires i7 speeds.
yet i7 is "better"

Some people worry about "better" too much.
😧 Probably best not to go throwing out random examples if you dont have a good grip on what you are saying.

i5 v i7? Which ones?

i7 is, usually, better for longevity. Is it worth it upfront?depends on i7, the deal, and the total package. You are basically buying time... time before you want to throw your computer out the window. If all else, including price( happens often due to sales and certain retailers), equal and the i5 and i7 in the same range and performance class, the i7 is the better buy... even if you just use it as a type writer... the i7 will last longer at acceptable ux levels as system loads change over the following years... and they will. Has nothing to do with software you are using and demands you are putting on the hardware.

Also, Theres good i7s and bad i7s. There are some i5s that are better than some i7s. The numbers and letters after the i [x], i[X]-[XXXX*], tell you a lot. i5-7600k vs i7-7500u? Unlikely that this choice will ever appear side by side in your local best buy unless you are looking at gaming laptops but, this i5-7600k is better and will also last longer. There's also a whole set of other factors being ignored.

Yes long and has nothing to do with bikes but, dealing with this sorta stuff is one of my jobs (have 2) and i build computers for giggles. Consumer ignorance, the mythical "IT guy", and apple sheeple are constant problems in getting people what the need vs what they think they need.

"but, apple is better.. , right?" Oh geez, lol😆

Last edited by cvaria; 09-20-2017 at 08:43 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:46 AM
cvaria
Supporter

What would cvaria and adm say? The technology and the way we play golf is changing, so you must change.

No body is telling you to change... read what is there, not what you want to be there.

You do need to accept the change that has happened. For you this may mean you'll never buy a newer hd. Thats fine. Bucking change is pointless. It's out of your hands.

or maybe it isn't. ... you can get a bunch of people and go protest.... that'll work, right?

Last edited by cvaria; 09-20-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

�� Probably best not to go throwing out random examples if you dont have a good grip on what you are saying.

i5 v i7? Which ones?

i7 is, usually, better for longevity. Is it worth it upfront?depends on i7, the deal, and the total package. You are basically buying time... time before you want to throw your computer out the window. If all else, including price( happens often due to sales and certain retailers), equal and the i5 and i7 in the same range and performance class, the i7 is the better buy... even if you just use it as a type writer... the i7 will last longer at acceptable ux levels as system loads change over the following years... and they will. Has nothing to do with software you are using and demands you are putting on the hardware.

Also, Theres good i7s and bad i7s. There are some i5s that are better than some i7s. The numbers and letters after the i [x], i[X]-[XXXX*], tell you a lot. i5-7600k vs i7-7500u? Unlikely that this choice will ever appear side by side in your local best buy unless you are looking at gaming laptops but, this i5-7600k is better and will also last longer. There's also a whole set of other factors being ignored.

Yes long and has nothing to do with bikes but, dealing with this sorta stuff is one of my jobs (have 2) and i build computers for giggles. Consumer ignorance, the mythical "IT guy", and apple sheeple are constant problems in getting people what the need vs what they think they need.

"but, apple is better.. , right?" Oh geez, lol��
Another load of nonsense.

I have an i3 hp laptop that has worked for 7 years with no issues. The "longevity" of the intel processors have never been an issue, the first thing that goes out in a laptop is actually the fan.

"better"??? No i7 is not a better buy, not for me or 99% of the population. Because my i3 does the same thing. If I were doing heavy photoshop editing I may consider an i7, but my i5 desktop does just fine, maybe takes a second longer. I dont care.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:51 AM
cvaria
Supporter

computer stuff

your ignorance is showing. It's one thing to say, "i dont care". Its another thing to hold your opinion out as fact. That just smokes your credibility. Especially after i just explained how, in some cases, an i7 is not better. Keep on fussing

Last edited by cvaria; 09-20-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:56 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

No body is telling you to change... read what is there, not what you want to be there.

You do need to accept the change that has happened. For you this may mean you'll never buy a newer hd. Thats fine. Bucking change is pointless. It's out of your hands.

or maybe it isn't. ... you can get a bunch of people and go protest.... that'll work, right?
Dont dance around it now,

How do you "accept change"? By praising it? Well, we have you here, praise as much as you want.

I retain the right to critique the change, and that should not bother you either

I hope it does tho

Last edited by OddJack; 09-20-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:58 AM
nightsterept
Road Captain
Received 342 Likes on 189 Posts

I'd love to see a side by side comparison in all performance levels between a 18 Fat Bob and a 17 LRS.....bone stock to bone stock. Comparing a LRS with upgraded suspension, upgraded seat, upgraded 2 into 1 exhaust and fully tuned to a bone stock 18 Fat Bob is no comparison....its just not a real comparison.

I'm sure my 16 LRS with Ohlins suspension, upgraded seat, 2into1 Two Bros exhaust, and fully tuned with a Power Vision is not the same feel as a bone stock LRS either, in that same respect.

If we're talking about performance comparisons (not comparisons on looks or opinions about the Dyna being dropped from the lineup), I'd love to see where a bone stock LRS outperforms the new 18 Softail line up in acceleration, cornering, engine management (heat, fuel economy)....I mean come on, I think those are facts no one can argue with (well I'm sure someone will argue with). No, the new line up is not for everyone, that's a matter of opinion.

All these opinions going back and fourth are just that...opinions. The new line up outperforms the old line up in factual tests, maybe not in looks or other opinions, but in factual tests it does. HD made these changes to attempt to reach the new market and to appease the EPA. The new line up outperforms the old line up in every aspect of a factual test of performance.

Last edited by nightsterept; 09-20-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Dont dance around it now,

How do you "accept change"? By praising it? Well, we have you here, praise as much as you want.

I retain the right to critique the change, and that should not bother you either

I hope it does tho
Ive been pretty consistent. You are just looking for a scuffle where there will be none.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:02 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

I am almost certain to design the 18 FB, HD looked at the Diavel.

If pure performance is enough to make a decision to buy, why would a young rider choose 18 FB over a Diavel?

The following users liked this post:
Crmx (09-24-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:07 AM
cvaria
Supporter

I am almost certain to design the 18 FB, HD looked at the Diavel.

If pure performance is enough to make a decision to buy, why would a young rider choose 18 FB over a Diavel?
ask the many folks in the softail forum that have bought one...

Quick Reply: '18 Fat Bob vs. Low Rider S