Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Softails are Better than Dyna in Many Ways

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2017 | 08:53 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

The Low Rider has bounced back and forth between single and dual front discs forever.

I think the real mistake here is the NVH motivation behind the M8. I'd be REALLY interested in seeing the demographics of focus groups driving these development decisions.

If the Serengeti had a 4 valve Twin Cam, I'd be ALL OVER that ****.

I'm now hanging my hat on the hopes for a Sportster "Max"...a lighter, stronger, yet longer frame for better ergos with taller riders, a high(er) revving V-twin, and suspension upgrades on par with Serengeti. I'm not holding my breathe, tho.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017 | 08:59 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
technicality, lol
OK, so if the word DYNA is there it makes it qualify, right?

just remember this for future reference.

Now, tell us what HD has offered you for the propaganda? I have noticed you are bending backwards to show us how sassy and classy these new softails are and once anyone actually rides one there is no way going back?

cvaria (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017 | 09:06 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

These moderation and Dyna/Serengeti location discussions belong in the site issues section. Bring the concerns to the Admins and Moderators and let them discuss in private how they want to proceed.

My personal belief is that Softail needs a subforum for Serengeti to contain the typical discussions. Other discussions that seek to compare/contrast Serengeti with Dyna are probably better left here where Dyna owners are more likely to see them.

But that's just the opinion of a retired mod from another site.

cvaria (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017 | 09:10 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cggorman
These moderation and Dyna/Serengeti location discussions belong in the site issues section. Bring the concerns to the Admins and Moderators and let them discuss in private how they want to proceed.

My personal belief is that Softail needs a subforum for Serengeti to contain the typical discussions. Other discussions that seek to compare/contrast Serengeti with Dyna are probably better left here where Dyna owners are more likely to see them.

But that's just the opinion of a retired mod from another site.
OK, but apples and oranges. cant compare.

I didnt say that, cvaria did. enough said.

Old 09-05-2017 | 10:23 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by OddJack
OK, so if the word DYNA is there it makes it qualify, right?

just remember this for future reference.

Now, tell us what HD has offered you for the propaganda? I have noticed you are bending backwards to show us how sassy and classy these new softails are and once anyone actually rides one there is no way going back?
to be 100% honest, they let me test ride it. granted the 114 fb is ~$18k but, it had all i worked to add to my bike... stock. the power was near the same and not yet even stage 1'd. i'm somewhere in the 17-18k range now with all i've done, would have been great to have all that stock. the huge oil cooler, better suspension, better tech, clean tank top...there was a lot there. i think if you were to go test a 2018 street bob, you would be impresed as well.

soon, beefs and issues will appear and bring it down to earth but, i was super impressed. it's just missing that raw, clanking metal hd feel but, definilty wasn't like a street rod 750. which feels like a rice low powered crotch rocket.

Hip Hop quoatable from this thread: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post8435985
Originally Posted by fcsallan
The sad truth, though, is that yesterday’s Stage Four will be thrashed by tomorrow’s Stage Two, and the day afters Stage One. Performance is transient, even in Harley circles.

There’s something you need to know: no matter what you’ve got it’ll never be enough.
have to be honest...

Last edited by cvaria; 09-05-2017 at 01:13 PM.
RiverSouth (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017 | 10:37 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by cggorman
The Low Rider has bounced back and forth between single and dual front discs forever.

I think the real mistake here is the NVH motivation behind the M8. I'd be REALLY interested in seeing the demographics of focus groups driving these development decisions.

If the Serengeti had a 4 valve Twin Cam, I'd be ALL OVER that ****.

I'm now hanging my hat on the hopes for a Sportster "Max"...a lighter, stronger, yet longer frame for better ergos with taller riders, a high(er) revving V-twin, and suspension upgrades on par with Serengeti. I'm not holding my breathe, tho.
something is happening there... we'll have to wait and see.

Old 09-05-2017 | 11:02 AM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvaria
something is happening there... we'll have to wait and see.
I don't follow the Sportster forums, but I assumed there was development activity based solely on the press coming from MoCo about all the new models they plan to release in the near term. I think the Serengeti opens up a HUGE niche/hole in the lineup that a big variation of the Sportster could nicely fill. I love the Sportster but it's just too damn small for me.

Old 09-05-2017 | 08:44 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

They are just plain ugly Honda looking plastic covered bikes. Maybe they ride a tad better the 114 is a quIck stock motor. But I'll pass.

Old 09-06-2017 | 02:19 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Fishonsc
I looked at the new fat bob and fat boy yesterday. They are even uglier in person. No thanks.

Im ugly also but you always find someone who loves you lol, there will be many takers for the new bikes, unless we get nuked first.

Old 09-06-2017 | 03:03 PM
adm
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nick@nite
They are just plain ugly Honda looking plastic covered bikes. Maybe they ride a tad better the 114 is a quIck stock motor. But I'll pass.
Where's all the plastic? The ones I have seen in the flesh have very, very little plastic. Even the side covers, which I thought were plastic are made of metal and finished nicely.

And they'll ride more than a tad better. The new frame and suspension is a big deal. Add a 114 motor and they are game changing for Harleys.

May not float your boat, but they are well made, high quality and well specified bikes.

I have a 114" Fat Bob on order and the only plastic piece I can see that needs changing is the external rear shock preload adjuster. That will need replaced with a billet part for my piece of mind. In fact, less plastic than on my 2014 Dyna Fat Bob as that had a plastic cover over the ABS module that I never liked. On this one, the ABS is hidden behind the metal right hand side cover.

lh4x4 (09-07-2017)

Quick Reply: New Softails are Better than Dyna in Many Ways