Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley have achieved one thing with new 2018 models

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017 | 10:40 AM
Smogbob
|
Road Captain
Default Harley have achieved one thing with new 2018 models

And that is achieving to split up the good Harley community spirit about their bikes names, it would have been nice of them to have some sort of poll to see what we the actual fools who buy their bikes would think about dropping the Dyna name like a stone.

The following users liked this post:
user 7172984932 (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017 | 10:46 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by Smogbob
And that is achieving to split up the good Harley community spirit about their bikes names, it would have been nice of them to have some sort of poll to see what we the actual fools who buy their bikes would think about dropping the Dyna name like a stone.

I agree, but I doubt they care what people think about produce line designations. Besides, its not going to stop anyone from buying one. As long as the performance is there, name won't matter to most.

All it's doing it causing forum anxiety which in the big picture of things, it pretty insignificant...

The following 3 users liked this post by Mchad:
24v (08-29-2017), 5500 (08-28-2017), cvaria (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017 | 10:51 AM
Smogbob
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mchad
I agree, but I doubt they care what people think about produce line designations. Besides, its not going to stop anyone from buying one. As long as the performance is there, name won't matter to most.

All it's doing it causing forum anxiety which in the big picture of things, it pretty insignificant...
Yep agree with that, but I am feeling a little peived at the moment, so they wont get any of my cash, until at least next year, and then who knows, if the tests and ride reports are not good, well it will be tchiao Harley.

Old 08-28-2017 | 11:01 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Smogbob
Yep agree with that, but I am feeling a little peived at the moment, so they wont get any of my cash, until at least next year, and then who knows, if the tests and ride reports are not good, well it will be tchiao Harley.
I decided a couple years ago they weren't getting any more new bike money from me. I bought an Indian and now they pissed me off so I guess my next purchase will be a Evo.

Old 08-28-2017 | 11:01 AM
OddJack
Road Warrior

Polls never happen in situations like this. And I dont think it should.

HD is cornered. They are trying to survive and must do all they can to achieve their goals. Keep producing Dyna frames and not have enough sales was not an option.

The line's name has been dropped, but the model names are still there. They will keep selling Street Bobs and Low Riders and it will cost them less. By dropping the Dyna, they are hopping a Dyna Street Bob owner will upgrade(?) to a softail Street Bob down the line.

They could do what Hummer did. H1, H2, H3.. Like Dyna-S then Dyna-S2 ...just to keep the name going.

A different look is to say : Dinosaurs didnt change, and that's why they became extinct. And maybe it's better that way.

Last edited by OddJack; 08-28-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2017 | 02:50 PM
Smogbob
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by OddJack
Polls never happen in situations like this. And I dont think it should.

HD is cornered. They are trying to survive and must do all they can to achieve their goals. Keep producing Dyna frames and not have enough sales was not an option.

The line's name has been dropped, but the model names are still there. They will keep selling Street Bobs and Low Riders and it will cost them less. By dropping the Dyna, they are hopping a Dyna Street Bob owner will upgrade(?) to a softail Street Bob down the line.

They could do what Hummer did. H1, H2, H3.. Like Dyna-S then Dyna-S2 ...just to keep the name going.

A different look is to say : Dinosaurs didnt change, and that's why they became extinct. And maybe it's better that way.
Change is always good, but I do not feel this is change, this is just making counterfeit softails, and the Moco saving on shocks metal etc etc, lets see how these models run for a year, and maybe we can judge if it was better or not, a good change would have been, build the new dyna line on the FXR frame, and put 3 stabilisers as Eric buell said, and keeping with the Dyna tradition.

Old 08-28-2017 | 03:10 PM
STRES
Road Captain

Shadetree surgeon has some good points on how HD handled the 2018 rollout

The following 3 users liked this post by STRES:
archergodwin (08-28-2017), bjewell (09-23-2017), cvaria (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017 | 03:18 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

DYNA's were not selling. I have talked with local dealer often they could not sell a DYNA, no madder what color or what they did with it.
When something doe snot sell it has to go. DYNA had a good run .

Old 08-28-2017 | 03:33 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by smitty901
DYNA's were not selling. I have talked with local dealer often they could not sell a DYNA, no madder what color or what they did with it.
That seems to be a regional "issue"

On the west end, they cannot keep them in stock.

Old 08-28-2017 | 03:34 PM
user 7172984932
Banned

Originally Posted by smitty901
Could be so. But where I ride which is mostly back country day rides you see Dynas more than Softtails. Especially LR and Bobs. Softtails to me are a betweener. Not good for what Dyna do and not good for touring. But new buyers like baggers and touring bikes and are willing to pay the price.

Quick Reply: Harley have achieved one thing with new 2018 models