Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley have achieved one thing with new 2018 models

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017 | 02:46 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cvaria
he probably thought it was fruity. and they all knew what was under those boxes. they had to set the boxes up. he was probably like..."i aint riding a *** red bike. i'mana rattle bomb it."
That is a damn good rattle can paint job with no spray over anywhere, considering nothing got removed, even nice sharp line a the tank logo ... And he just happened to have a black spray can with no label or logo on it. Yeah I believe that.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017 | 06:48 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member

To me a Good Ride is a Combination of Looks, Handling , Comfort, and Power .. Pretty Much in that Order .. So Basically the Looks would have to Grow on me although the other 3 may be true already ..

Old 08-29-2017 | 08:08 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master

I'd say the one thing HD has done is kill them selves.

Old 08-29-2017 | 08:08 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member

Its funny... I never expected the 18 line up to be this polarizing.. Personally, I think the line up sucks and the line looks cheap. But thats me.. Losing the Dyna I think was just plain dumb. With all the riders in my house we have a RGU, HSTC, A Deluxe and a WG. Theyre from 2004 to 17. My fave is still the 04 WG.. MoCo just doesnt have a 'bike' right now. They have rolling gimmicks, Hey look at me bikes or bikes that just dont fit the purpose (ie - the HSTC) which is confused..

Years ago the auto biz lost Olds, Pontiac, Plymouth, Saab, Saturn, Mercury, etc... That was a similar WTF reaction... Some fell into the category of WGAS others I still still think were a mistake. Losing the Dyna was a mistake.

A few weeks ago I went into a SuperStore where they sold Trumps, Guzzis, BMW, Honda, Kaw, Suzuki, Ducs, Victory, KTM.. It was a Saturday noontime.. All people were looking at were these origami looking bikes and in the hour I was there the bell wasnt rung once. A summer Saturday and not 1 sale.. My HD dealer had 4 roll out in the hour I was there. ( I went with a buddy who was looking for a WIng. He bought an RGU)... In my neck of the planet, non-hds arent doing to hot.. I know why HD cut the Dyna, its to save and make money. Black is cheaper ten chrome and theyll tell us its style.. lol..

So do you think HD just reinvented the 'New Coke'?

Old 08-29-2017 | 08:19 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Olds, Pontiac, Plymouth, Saab, Saturn, Mercury, etc... That was a similar WTF reaction
nah... they all sucked and needed to be put down. most of them were flatout rebadged fords/chevys/gms. SAAB was the only real surprise. saturn was struggling from day one. both SAAB and saturn were failing.

Old 08-29-2017 | 08:47 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

The best thing the MoCo could do, is bring the Dyna back in 2 years... maybe 3.

Redesign the frame... closer to the FXR, but do something about the horrible front mount, and install Buell's three point support like it was originally designed. Give us back a blank sheet of paper so we can write our own story.... not what they think our story is.... to me, just proves that HD really does not 'get' the folks who ride Dynas... and most of their other lines either..

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:40 AM
uncle kebo
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Almost

Originally Posted by cvaria
nah... they all sucked and needed to be put down. most of them were flatout rebadged fords/chevys/gms. SAAB was the only real surprise. saturn was struggling from day one. both SAAB and saturn were failing.

Agreed with most said... I thought Pontiac should have stuck around.. Regardless, my point was the reaction was similar... It not like when Victory was put down.. lolol..

Old 08-29-2017 | 10:41 AM
Lowdownmonster
Intermediate

I'll tell you what else the MoCo accomplished...they chopped a gallon of gas (?!?!?!) out of the Street Bob tank and made it look just like a goddamn Honda effin' Shadow! Someone deserves a literal beating about the head and neck region for that travesty alone...I don't care how much the performance has been improved; if I wanted a Japanese-looking bike, I'd have bought one. I'll be hanging on to my 2014 for a while, that's for sure.

by the way, what's a rant?

Old 09-22-2017 | 09:15 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

The 18 Fat Bob 114 is the finest looking and performing machine that H-D ever produced. Mine in the awesome Vivid Black will get here in a few weeks.

It is along the lines of the XR1200 and the Roadster in function but exceeds them by a huge amount. A riders bike. It matches the V Rod in many ways while exceeding it in cornering.

I am not the demographic age that H-D was targeting at 77 yoa but I am the the kind of rider that appreciates the function that motorcycles were meant to be.

Looks like a Honda? BS over the years I have had 22 Honda's up to the VTX 1800C and Rune. Not the 18's or any other year of H-D have ever looked like a Honda.

Last edited by lh4x4; 09-22-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-23-2017 | 01:36 AM
Smogbob
|
Road Captain

Well the clock is ticking for all of us, and whatever ticks your boxes, you gotta do it, man just wishing you tons of pleasure on your new ride congratulations.

Quick Reply: Harley have achieved one thing with new 2018 models