Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Low Rider Price Quote: Am I Getting A Good Deal or Getting Taken?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,880 Likes on 4,002 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
honestly, they weren't really forwards. i felt like i was sit straight up or on my sportster. i'm 5'9" with a 32" inseam. the seat also pushes you pretty far forward. i ride a wide glide with forwards. very much not the same. you see once you get on it.

there are some "mids" that are on the softail low rider. i think the fatbob exhaust may get in the way. you can ask the dealer about it.

not to be that guy but, have you considered 110'ing your LR?
Thanks for the pic. I see what you mean. I just might be able to reach those. I think the Fat Bob is the best of the 2018 line-up. Just a damn shame that they did not keep the 5 gallon tank.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:04 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

Those pics are seriously making me reconsider the 2018's...argh, I don't want to spend money on another bike

Old 08-26-2017, 02:57 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

Seeing those pix I realize what a big gamble HD is making.

Isnt that bike closer to 20 grands? That much money and that big of an engine and your still taken by a Victory Octane for 8K less.

Someone make the case that younger buyers are going to choose the FB over a Diavel.

Old 08-26-2017, 05:46 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by OddJack

Isnt that bike closer to 20 grands? That much money and that big of an engine and your still taken by a Victory Octane for 8K less.

Someone make the case that younger buyers are going to choose the FB over a Diavel.
diavel aint a harley. it is faster, more tq, and more but, the aftermarket isn't there for mods to the same degree as HD. rusty already swapped on a dyna front end and wheels on to the 2018 fatbob.... there will be none of that nonsense on a ducati. all the old goodies are still usable.

i hope the bxtching dies down soon and the mods start. lord knows that a ridiculous amount of 2018 have sold already. the one i rode yesterday has already sold. you really have to see them in person. hd did a fantastic job on the new stuff. the quality is great, all the way down to the little ghetto usb port on the left side of the neck. great!

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by cvaria; 08-26-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Of all the 2018 models, the only one I could see myself getting is the Fat Bob 114. Its only downsides are the small gas tank and the $20K price. Will demo one for sure.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:10 PM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts

I went to the Indian demo day and test road a new Scout last week. The bike had a nice low center of gravity (made it easy for my GF to handle) but it was gutless and unrefined. It had no low end torque and the cam/cams(?) was completely wrong. The bike was very clunky, like an 80s sportster.

Previously I had seriously considered an Indian or Victory but not now having ridden one. There is no comparison with my FXDL.

Old 08-28-2017, 05:25 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by JoshFXDL
I went to the Indian demo day and test road a new Scout last week. The bike had a nice low center of gravity (made it easy for my GF to handle) but it was gutless and unrefined. It had no low end torque and the cam/cams(?) was completely wrong. The bike was very clunky, like an 80s sportster.

Previously I had seriously considered an Indian or Victory but not now having ridden one. There is no comparison with my FXDL.
what did you ride? a scout 60? scout is not a competitor to a dyna. i's a sportster competitor that's a total apples to oranges comparison.

you want to start here:
http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-u...cycles#cruiser

so fn ugly

Last edited by cvaria; 08-28-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:28 PM
OddJack
Road Warrior
Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
diavel aint a harley. it is faster, more tq, and more but, the aftermarket isn't there for mods to the same degree as HD. rusty already swapped on a dyna front end and wheels on to the 2018 fatbob.... there will be none of that nonsense on a ducati. all the old goodies are still usable.

i hope the bxtching dies down soon and the mods start. lord knows that a ridiculous amount of 2018 have sold already. the one i rode yesterday has already sold. you really have to see them in person. hd did a fantastic job on the new stuff. the quality is great, all the way down to the little ghetto usb port on the left side of the neck. great!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYM4Tg_F...-at=1028450431
There is not much after market for Ducati because it doesnt need one.

The whole idea of 2018 models is to create more new buyers. I look at the new Fat Bob and I see a HD bike that wants to be a Diavel. So why a performance minded young buyer would buy a Fat Bob over a Diavel?

Ducati aint Harley, neither is the new Fat Bob

Old 08-28-2017, 06:56 PM
cvaria
Supporter

There is not much after market for Ducati because it doesnt need one.
there it is, a diatribe/edict. you can have any color you want, as long as it's black.

and... someone that wanted a harley, duh. young buyer from the hd pov is 25-40.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

I hope HD decides to go back to a 5 gallon tank for the FB in 2019 or 2020. If so, I could see getting one. Also want to see how the M8s hold up.

Quick Reply: 2017 Low Rider Price Quote: Am I Getting A Good Deal or Getting Taken?