Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bye bye Dyna, no more in 2018 :-(

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2017 | 12:47 PM
Bamaglider
Cruiser

My WG at least has a 4.7 gallon tank and that's and extra 45 miles down the road

Old 08-23-2017 | 02:05 PM
TinCupChalice
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
Good point Redbeard. A WG Softail would never make sense though.....it may be gone forever considering that a ST version would just be a Night Train or ST standard (no disrespect to WG owners.)

This is the truth. A Softie version of the Wide Glide is a Night Train or a Standard. I seriously doubt the Wide Glide makes a return. I am glad HD at least had the decency to not use the Wide Glide name on some Softie abomination. They should have let all the Dyna names die with the Dyna instead of dragging them over to the '18's.

The king of the Dyna's may be dead, but long live the king! I will never sell this bike...

The following users liked this post:
Ed Ard (08-23-2017)
Old 08-23-2017 | 02:07 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Just saying Softail Low Rider, is like saying Time magazine man of the year is OJ Simpson.

Old 08-23-2017 | 02:08 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by SLV
Good point Redbeard. A WG Softail would never make sense though.....it may be gone forever considering that a ST version would just be a Night Train or ST standard (no disrespect to WG owners.)
Breakout and blackline ringing any bells?

Night train

Blackline

Breakout

Wideglide

Breakout has slightly less rake but, they could have easily threw spokes on a breakout and called it macaroni... wide glide

Last edited by cvaria; 08-23-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2017 | 02:55 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain

Call me silly... I like the new Fat Bob and being a newbie of sorts, the new bikes look pretty good to me. If they handle better and have more power, what's to complain about?

I understand some may be butt hurt that their favorite model is gone but change is inevitable or you die.... but I agree that all change may not be good but we should give it a chance.

I'm very happy with my Dyna and have no plans on selling it.

The following users liked this post:
cvaria (08-24-2017)
Old 08-23-2017 | 03:08 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member

The Fatbob will sell easy.

I'd put a 114 in my garage if I could.

Old 08-23-2017 | 03:30 PM
OldKent
Intermediate

I'm not a fan of the new models. I still prefer my Superglide.

Old 08-23-2017 | 03:47 PM
Highwaymans
Road Warrior

Opinions are like belly buttons..... Personally, I hear all these guys saying harley needs to make these changes to attract new buyers...... Really? Take the LRS.... Myself always a import buyer knew thats what I had to have.... Because the 18k MSRP is worth every penny of a bike as a import superbike? Yeah, right.... Myself like almost every guy Ive met who grabbed a LRS had always owned imports.... Yet they bought a Harley..... Because of what it was.... Attitude & aftermarket. These folks like myself would never buy a metric cruiser, so why make em like em.... And laugh at the notion of a metric cruiser....

Harley should take a cue from Jeep..... When rumors were the next gen wrangler was gonna be a Fiat car Jeep..... They figured it out..... Chrysler is crap, but buyers buy em because only a Jeep is a Jeep. Image and ability. The import FJ tried and failed....

Last edited by Highwaymans; 08-23-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-23-2017 | 06:22 PM
vdop
Road Master

While all the metrics are trying to look like Harleys, harley is trying to look like metrics wtf were they thinking with that tank? Less capacity and it looks like ****. Looks like a Street.

Bye bye Dyna, no more in 2018 :-(-ryvdea9.jpg

Old 08-23-2017 | 06:25 PM
Bamaglider
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TinCupChalice
This is the truth. A Softie version of the Wide Glide is a Night Train or a Standard. I seriously doubt the Wide Glide makes a return. I am glad HD at least had the decency to not use the Wide Glide name on some Softie abomination. They should have let all the Dyna names die with the Dyna instead of dragging them over to the '18's.

The king of the Dyna's may be dead, but long live the king! I will never sell this bike...

that's a huge front disk bet it stops a lot better then stock

Quick Reply: Bye bye Dyna, no more in 2018 :-(