Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mx or t bars?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 10:14 PM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
Don't get west coast t bars. They are super wide, It looks dis proportional. Look at the stats on width before you buy any bar

The classification of tbar or mx bars has nothing to do with width. It's the manufacture who sets that.

If you reslly want a good set up. Get lucky Daves mx bar (14") or San Diego customs t bars (14"). Anything that is 27" or 28" wide is proper. All other bar makers are way to wide for true nature of a club bike.

Narrow, lane split minded, canyon ripper
This! 100%. LD bars are good to go

Old 08-21-2017, 03:45 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
Don't get west coast t bars. They are super wide, It looks dis proportional. Look at the stats on width before you buy any bar

The classification of tbar or mx bars has nothing to do with width. It's the manufacture who sets that.

If you reslly want a good set up. Get lucky Daves mx bar (14") or San Diego customs t bars (14"). Anything that is 27" or 28" wide is proper. All other bar makers are way to wide for true nature of a club bike.

Narrow, lane split minded, canyon ripper
Incorrect.
Lucky Daves stats:
https://luckydaves.com/product/lucky-13-bar/
Westcoast stats:
https://www.westcoast-tbars.com/Prod...ductCode=WC142
San Diego customs doesn't even seems to offer a T-bar/MXT-bar

Both Lucky Daves and Westcoast have a 28" wide measurement.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:54 AM
MolonLabe1977
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you because I've had both Lucky Dave's and West Coast. The West Coast ARE wider.... They measure them differently or something is all I can think of. Plus, the Lucky Dave's San Diego bars are about the most ergonomic set of bars out there. The West Coast used to hurt my wrists after long hauls. NEVER had that problem with the Lucky Dave's....

Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

My bad guys. I meant death squad t bars. They are all the same disgruntled family. Death squad, San Diego customs and Cory up in hemet California

go to there tattoo shop and it's got all there parts in there.

https://www.deathsquadlosangeles.com/

i run lucky Daves as of now. Great bar , narrow and outstanding hand position

west coast are just wider set. They used to be 32". It was obserd. Now they made them skinnier as they should but they just sit wider.

If if you want super skinny. Go lilricks 24" bar with 12" risers

west coast seemed to be the original. There are others who have taken that bar and advanced it. I do like the look of sling shots. Probably why I ended up looking and found lucky Daves

Old 08-22-2017, 04:47 AM
610Low
Tourer
Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

Lucky Daves high rise bar on 10" murdock risers.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:39 PM
briharley
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

9.5 Pull backs with lucky dave riser bar. Love them. I like mx bars because of how they flow around the dual guages on the bars.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:34 PM
Moi
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by barricade
Here are the 12s finished yesterday...

I love I'm thinking about putting a t-bar but still I have not decided which, I'm reading interested everything in this forum is commented, but I like clean without unsightly cables, looks beast, I see that you have installed internal throttle, tell me how works? Do you have good tatto? Improves or worsens the traditional accelerator? which one do you have installed?

beers for everyone and greetings from Spain

Old 08-29-2018, 12:43 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Moi
I love I'm thinking about putting a t-bar but still I have not decided which, I'm reading interested everything in this forum is commented, but I like clean without unsightly cables, looks beast, I see that you have installed internal throttle, tell me how works? Do you have good tatto? Improves or worsens the traditional accelerator? which one do you have installed?

beers for everyone and greetings from Spain
It's a FXDLS. It came standard with throttle by wire.

The following users liked this post:
Moi (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:20 PM
tcazes
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

is no one taking into account seat height? im 5 11 and the 10" murdock pull backs with 10" trackers sit right at shoulder level with my c&c seat. id highly recommend taking a tape measure, sit on the bike, hold your hands out where they feel comfortable, and get someone to measure that height.......

also, consider pull back risers since they put you in a much more comfortable seating position...

Old 08-29-2018, 05:46 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tcazes
is no one taking into account seat height? im 5 11 and the 10" murdock pull backs with 10" trackers sit right at shoulder level with my c&c seat. id highly recommend taking a tape measure, sit on the bike, hold your hands out where they feel comfortable, and get someone to measure that height.......

also, consider pull back risers since they put you in a much more comfortable seating position...
100% spot on! Your seat height and location plays a HUGE part in which bars would be best for you.

Quick Reply: Mx or t bars?