Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007 | 10:24 AM
Bluesrider
|
Tourer
Default State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

[sm=biker2.gif] I was on my way into work this morning and as usual I was having a little fun. As I exited the service road, I was doing about 80 (Exit @ 50), when I noticed I was not alone; A bike cop was doing radar off to the side of the road. As I roll past him, he gives me the thumbs up. I thought that was way cool and kind of made my day.

Old 06-11-2007 | 10:46 AM
moonsfmc
Cruiser
Default RE: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

yep it was most of the motorcycle police in Arkansas dont give me much trouble as long as its within reason..

Old 06-11-2007 | 10:54 AM
h9ll
Cruiser

That fact you didn't get busted is what makes this cool. Then again, I am not known for my sunny disposition on law enforcement types.

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:02 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

I strongly dislike cops, as I rarely get breaks from them, it would seem. My last episode, I got a ticket for not stopping for a right turn on a red light. I told the pr1ck I did stop. My foot actually touched pavement. He said, "Sir, you didn't stop for a full 3 seconds", and proceeded to give me a ticket, which I am disputing. I felt like giving him a finger and not a thumbs up.

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:02 AM
cstolp
Road Captain

I think all law enforcement officers should be treated with respect provided they do the same. You know its the old saying "You catch more flies with honey than with vinigar". In my 24 years of driving I have received just one ticket and I deserved it and the officer was very polite and gave me a break by reducing the speed he was to report thereby reducing the subsequent fine. I have been stopped for speeding several other times but I have always been polite and respectful and have just received warnings.

Don't let a few bad apple coboy type cops give them all a bad name. They have a hard job that really doesn't pay that well and it is very hard on their families. They should be held in the same admiration as our troops who defend our country. If you speed and get a ticket you deserve it and no one is to blame but ourselves.

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:26 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

APD and Travis County Sherriff doesn't really bother the cruiser type bikes, they will get those sport bike riders tough.

Not being a smart azz but I don't think Tx. Dept. Public Safety has motorcycle troopers, I will have to ask the wife she works the training academy here in Austin.

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:44 AM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Ratbasturd

APD and Travis County Sherriff doesn't really bother the cruiser type bikes, they will get those sport bike riders tough.

Not being a smart azz but I don't think Tx. Dept. Public Safety has motorcycle troopers, I will have to ask the wife she works the training academy here in Austin.
Oh yea they do bro....Weatherford, TX has a few, and Fort Worth also just that I know of. They're pretty cool too, definitely hard core riders....rain, sleet, snow, don't matter, I've seen them out on I-20 and I-30.

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:13 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I got nailed for not fully stopping at a stop sign. I did stop. I just never put my feet down, which was the officer's rationale for a rolling stop citation. I have ridden trials bikes for years. I don't need to put my feet down...especially on a low COG bike like a Harley. I opted for trial and after explaining to the judge, he let me demonstrate it in the courthouse parking lot. Ticket was dismissed.

Otherwise, I have had no unpleasant experiences with LEOs. I usually ride with my black vest heavily adorned with Patriot Guard Rider related patches. Most LEOs are PGR aware and are cool with us.

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:15 PM
semperfi211
Advanced

Being a cop for a lot of years I can tell you more people talk themselves into tickets and jail. Most of the time when I pulled someone over it was an attitude check. The smart ones usually pass, dumb ones fail. Everyone lies to cops even when they dont have to. I had a rule I went buy, if someone told me why they were stopped I would not tag them.

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:17 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: semperfi211

Being a cop for a lot of years I can tell you more people talk themselves into tickets and jail. Most of the time when I pulled someone over it was an attitude check. The smart ones usually pass, dumb ones fail. Everyone lies to cops even when they dont have to. I had a rule I went buy, if someone told me why they were stopped I would not tag them.
That has been my experience on the other side. Officer: Do you know why I am stopping you? Me: Yes I was speeding. Office: "Please be more careful and keep your speed down, have a nice day". Me: "Thank you officer, you too!" Now what is there to complain about there?

Quick Reply: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up