Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007 | 12:34 PM
four5acp
Cruiser
Default RE: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We cut people breaks and get low performance ratings and traffic accidents go up. This means more people get hurt and killed. We write tickets to slow people down (as is our duty) and were pr1cks and hated for it. If you don't like following the laws, then get involved and get 'em changed, don't hate the cops who are hired and paid to enforce them. But I won't defend everyone. There are no doubt police officers that individually deserve being called pr1cks.

Sorry to rant. Just gets frustrating at times.

I always treat people I stop with respect and courtesy and unless they were way out of line with the infraction they committed or are rude and vulgar, I'll just warn them. But then again some departments require officers to produce certain amounts of tickets and thier performance reviews relflect this.

Old 06-13-2007 | 12:40 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: four5acp

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. We cut people breaks and get low performance ratings and traffic accidents go up. This means more people get hurt and killed. We write tickets to slow people down (as is our duty) and were pr1cks and hated for it. If you don't like following the laws, then get involved and get 'em changed, don't hate the cops who are hired and paid to enforce them. But I won't defend everyone. There are no doubt police officers that individually deserve being called pr1cks.

Sorry to rant. Just gets frustrating at times.

I always treat people I stop with respect and courtesy and unless they were way out of line with the infraction they committed or are rude and vulgar, I'll just warn them. But then again some departments require officers to produce certain amounts of tickets and thier performance reviews relflect this.
For what it's worth I value what you do and the sacrifices that go along with them. As far as I am concerned you are right up their with those in the military service. So thank you for the sacrifices you make and the risks you take to make my world a little safer.

Chris

Old 06-14-2007 | 08:07 PM
mean machine
6th Gear

my bother is nj state trooper , don't be an ahole. and show respect and you might get it in return. ride hard and smart.

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:02 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: mean machine

my bother is nj state trooper , don't be an ahole. and show respect and you might get it in return. ride hard and smart.
I'm with this guy............the golden rule has helped me out of many a jam.

Old 06-14-2007 | 10:40 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: four5acp
But then again some departments require officers to produce certain amounts of tickets and thier performance reviews relflect this.
My son is a cop and I couldn't be more proud of him or the job he does. In addition to his normal patrol duties, he is a crime scene tech, a member of the SWAT team, and runs the explorer scout program for his city. He graduated number one in his acadamy class and was officer of the year 2 years ago. Still, he gets his performance rating dinged every appraisal cycle because he doesn't give enough tickets. You have to really screw up or show a really bad attitude before he will give you a ticket. I ask him why he doesn't just give more tickets and his response is "Well Dad, I could find a legitiamate reason to give you a ticket every time you ride one of your bikes, but would it make the roads any safer if I did?" He wants the bad guys off the road, not just the average Joe that makes a mistake. His ticket average is over $400 so you know he is only getting the bad ones. Bottom line, there are a hell of a lot of good cops out there. You can't blame them for doing their job as required by their departments. If you don't want a ticket, don't break the law. While it does happen, it israre for someone to get a ticket when hey didn't break the law.

Old 06-15-2007 | 04:25 PM
johnnychum
Advanced

Canada has very strict exhaust laws and if your bike is even 1 decibel louder $150.00 out of your pocket. Anyway got stopped twice already (V&H slip ons)and one cop said keep it down and the other one who stopped me said sounds good but take it easy.That was cool of them.

Old 06-16-2007 | 12:59 AM
MountainCat
Cruiser

The wife and grand daughter and me were returning to our camp ground on the outskirts of Edmonton. It was a secondary highway with no traffic. Baby was being cranky and unco-operative in the child seat so I was motoring a bit probably doing 30 k over the limit. Cop stands up on the side of the rod and waves me over. Ask me why I got stopped I said probably cuz of excessive speedhe ask whats the posted speed ... said I didn'tknow... mean while baby is getting way crankier... Cop says baby needs to be strapped into her chair better and sent me on my way..... Thanks officer!!! As I gather my senses just before pulling out and heading off...only then did I realize that he had me stopped right in front of an 80 kph sign post.

Mc

Old 06-16-2007 | 01:13 AM
dynarider
Advanced

I have no problem with the cops here in Northern CA and even with the loud pipes! I have gone flying by them when they are doing radar checks and have neverbeen pulled over (maybe just dumb luck)but still that's pretty cool. Ioften wave to themin passingand find overall theyseem to leave bikers alone uless you're doing something really stupid.