Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:08 AM
Bluesrider
|
Tourer
Default RE: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

That’s funny Jay, but I will tell you that one night while taking a taxi from D-town Austin, there was a trooper driving about two cars lengths in front of the cab. This was 2AM mind you. All of a sudden, I see out of the left window, a car flying by at least doing over a 100mph. I was like he's toast, but to my surprise, the cop did not ever look at him. I was just laughing my a$$ off. I mean how can that cop just let that fly?

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:19 AM
cstolp
Road Captain

Just remember the radio travels at the speed of light!

Old 06-12-2007 | 12:51 AM
Ganooch
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: wideglidebob

cstlop, you are right on but you know on this fourum you woulden`t really be considered a true biker you would be a rub or some dumb a$$ thing like that
????????????????????????????? as well.

Old 06-12-2007 | 03:38 PM
buellrider76
Tourer

You gonna tell these guys what RUB means or just let them stew? I think it's kinda funny!

Old 06-12-2007 | 03:42 PM
buellrider76
Tourer

My buddy and I came down an entrance ramp doing about 95 and building steam. We saw the cop going the other way across the medium and knew we were caught. We stopped, got off the bikes, removed our helmetsand were waiting by the time he got turned around and caught up with us. First thing he said was "Thanks for stopping, I never would have caught you if you had run". He talked bikes for a few minutes, told us to slow down and let us go. We're both active duty military and I don't think the base stickers on the bikes hurts any.

Old 06-12-2007 | 03:44 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

I personally found it imature and uncalled for.

Rich
Urban
Biker

So if your poor then you hate cops is that it? Gee whiz!

Old 06-12-2007 | 03:59 PM
darkside
Banned

Well if you took the time to read it instead of flying off the handle it appears he was agreeing with your position .He wasmerely addingthat the general consensus umongst most internet outlaws is that you should never show any respect toward the police as to bolster your tough guy image on this site.[:'(]

Old 06-12-2007 | 04:07 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

Yes I knew what he was saying but it think it was a bit judgemental towards forum members. I guess I'm new and perhaps that is the way it is here. I hope not!

Old 06-12-2007 | 10:14 PM
fendrix
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: darkside

Well if you took the time to read it instead of flying off the handle it appears he was agreeing with your position .He wasmerely addingthat the general consensus umongst most internet outlaws is that you should never show any respect toward the police as to bolster your tough guy image on this site.[:'(]
Internet outlaws. Now that's funny right there.

A few weeks back we had a group of about5 bikes out all day. Beautiful day, great riding. Came to the last turn on a 2-lane State Route when I had enough and rolled the throttle upto about 90 and had 2 takers. We eased off and fell back in line, laughing and just letting the adrenaline flow. The guy from the 3rd position made a quick pass to take the lead as we were stopping at his house first. We still had a good 10 miles or so before we made it so I was just about to roll back on it again and checked my mirror to make sure no one else was making a move....

State Cop.

Nothing but white State Patrol Car in my mirrors. This guy must have dropped in from the sky or something. We had5 bikes and somehow he managed to get in the middle of us.4 in front,1 behind him. We went from slicing and dicing to perfect staggered formation at 55 MPH for the nextfewmiles. The guy in the lead made the turn to his house and we fell in line and the cop went on down the highway. He did slow up pretty good and ended up turning around and stalking the intersection twice, but we all came away with a good laugh and disbelief that we didn't get popped for any number of citations.

Old 06-13-2007 | 11:31 AM
buellrider76
Tourer

Relax man, RUB is geared toward the guys that bought a harley as their first bike just cause they can afford it. They put tons of chrome on it, ride it about 200 miles a year (just to shows) and trailer it to any event over 50 miles away. It's not necessarily everyone that has money is a RUB. If your offended by it you just might fit the catagory.

Quick Reply: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up