Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:23 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up

cstlop, you are right on but you know on this fourum you woulden`t really be considered a true biker you would be a rub or some dumb a$$ thing like that

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:29 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: wideglidebob

cstlop, you are right on but you know on this fourum you woulden`t really be considered a true biker you would be a rub or some dumb a$$ thing like that
?????????????????

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:33 PM
anubisss
Banned

I have gotten quite a few tickets on bikes, Harley's and Japanese bikes. I have found that the Harley has gotten pulled over for noise and other bs (helmet) and gotten ticketed even when I wasn't breaking any other laws like speeding which is what I got ticketed for most often on my other bikes. Even on UJM (Universal Japanese Motorcycles) which are not sport bikes and don't look lke them I got ticketed quite often for speeding wehn I was going the exact same speed as everyone else on the freeway. Back then I just paid it and went to traffic school. If it were to happen now I would fight it. I also got ticketed for running the stop light that regulates the traffic getting on the freeway as my bike would not set off the sensor. This was many years ago. And as far as I am concerned I am never rude to Leo's, I turn my vehicle off and take the keys out of the ignition, and if wearing a full face helemt remove it completely to speak with them so they won't think I might take off, but I have had no luck as far as warnings. Never have gotten one. Most of these tickets were many years ago in jmy 20's and I have a clean driving record now. I am hoping that it stays this way as I ride quite slow compared to how I used to ride and try to be very considerate of other vehicles each time I am out. Once again they always look shocked when you wave them through a 4 way intersection ahead of yourself or in any other situation, but that is how I roll in town.

Old 06-11-2007 | 01:37 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cstolp

ORIGINAL: semperfi211

Being a cop for a lot of years I can tell you more people talk themselves into tickets and jail. Most of the time when I pulled someone over it was an attitude check. The smart ones usually pass, dumb ones fail. Everyone lies to cops even when they dont have to. I had a rule I went buy, if someone told me why they were stopped I would not tag them.
That has been my experience on the other side. Officer: Do you know why I am stopping you? Me: Yes I was speeding. Office: "Please be more careful and keep your speed down, have a nice day". Me: "Thank you officer, you too!" Now what is there to complain about there?
Or the other option of reply...."You think I was going fast when you clocked me? Huh! I was just about to twist the throttle before I saw ya!!!" Results may vary!

Old 06-11-2007 | 02:35 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cstolp

ORIGINAL: wideglidebob

?????????????????
I second that...

Old 06-11-2007 | 02:46 PM
BurgerTx
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: semperfi211

Being a cop for a lot of years I can tell you more people talk themselves into tickets and jail. Most of the time when I pulled someone over it was an attitude check. The smart ones usually pass, dumb ones fail. Everyone lies to cops even when they dont have to. I had a rule I went buy, if someone told me why they were stopped I would not tag them.
I've noticed that about the guys that pulled me over. When I accepted the fact that I broke the law and got caught and didn't blame it on the cop, he was a nice guy and would let me off on a warning.

If you are a belligerent sob, you deserve what you get.

Old 06-11-2007 | 08:55 PM
2002fxdp
Road Captain

last time i saw a state cop he was giving me a hand signal too........ to pull over for doin 30+ over!

i know already saw the post where dude meets truck............................

Old 06-11-2007 | 09:31 PM
Roadan
Cruiser

My wife and I were out riding just yesterday thru a residential neighborhood with the loud pipes roaring and the non-DOT beanie helmetsand actually got the "Harley Wave" from a motor officer going the other way.Wesaw him coming and were getting out of the throttle and checking the speedometer andwe both looked at each other amazed. Maybe this happens all the time to some of you but not us especially in the upper crustytown we were riding thru. I drive a tractor-trailer for a living and get pulled over at random frequently so I'm not used to a friendly wave, just the "I'm sure that I can find something wrong with you oryour truck wave" wave over.It was very unexpected and verycool!
Dan

Old 06-11-2007 | 09:37 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member

I think it's great you got the thumbs up. I've been treated both good and bad. Been given breaks, and been hammered with every little infraction possible.

I've never met a guy who got a ticket that was actually guilty of the offense. Just like everyone in the slammer is innocent.

By and large cops are great people. A few bad apples exist, sure. But they shouldn't ruin the bunch.

To those who don't like law enforcement as their default attitude, I ask: Should you be judged based on the jerk biker someone dealt with in their past?

Of course not. So apply those same standards to your local poh-leece!

Hating law enforcement because you "rarely gets breaks"... well that's just classic.

Do you get pissed at the check-out lady when she doesn't rub a few pounds of ground beef off your order?

You get pissed at the gas station cashier when he doesn't say "this one's on the house"?

That's hilarious...

Old 06-11-2007 | 11:23 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

Wow, it was funny to read this thread. I was on my way to work Friday morning and blew bya Statey in the median doing around 80.

Thought for sure I was toast. AfterwardsI came up with athe top tenreasons why I didn't get pulled over.............

1. It was less than half an hour till the end of his shift.
2. He was taking a nap because it was less than half an hour till the end of his shift.
3. The new Dunkin Dounuts was opening in less than half an hour and he didn't want to miss the buy 1 get 1 special.
4. He just knew in his gut he wasn't going to catch meand said fuhgettaboutit.
5. He was so star struck by the Sun glistening off the PacificBlue Pearlof my tins, he could not find the little button for the siren.
6. He knew I was having a good day and didn't want to ruin it for me.
7. His ticket pen ran out of ink.
8. He was daydreaming about being a fireman.
9. He knew two wheels always beats four.
10. He owns a Harley, therefore he understood and I didn't need to explain...................................

Quick Reply: State Trooper Gives Thumbs Up