Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgrade brakes on Bob????

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 08:42 AM
Crazy03
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default upgrade brakes on Bob????

I wanted to upgrade the front brakes on the BOB. Has anyone done this and if so what did you use. I would like a dual disk set up but cannot find a kit for the BOB. I think I might need to go with a PM or something, I really dont know, any ideas please post, I would appreciate it. Thanks

Old 06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Punty
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: upgrade brakes on Bob????

Sorry but my bike seems to stop fine

Old 06-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use a V rod lower if you want to double up. Then a Hub to take dual disc and ofcoarse a new M/C to push more fluid.

I personally think you might want to check out just getting a 6 piston caliper and rotor from PM. It is spendy but will most likely save you $$ in the long run. Whatever you decide to do, keep us updated.

Old 06-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

A guy on another forum has used a V-Rod caliper without any mods,he says it's a big improvement.
Cheers,Graham.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Crazy03
Advanced

I will keep you informed as I go also do you know what forum the other guy posted on so I can check it out and for the first post if you think the BOB stops well you probly have never riden a performance bike, not talking **** just saying the BOB does fine for everyday rider but the brakes are probly the worst I have felt in my time of riding. also with 114 HP on the dyno I need stopping power Sorry. Thanks for the replies

Old 06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey crazy get yourself a set of bannana calipers.you will appreciate the brakes that are on your bob now

Old 06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Crazy03
Advanced

I probly will but you can always make them better, and I nned them for my application

Old 06-12-2007, 06:32 AM
AUbob
Stage II

Thinking of doing the same to my Bob. Looking at the 4 pad Brembo calipers from QTM in black. The only thing is that most list them not for use with spoke wheels, any ideas why?

The brakes are fine for slow speeds but as as you twist the throttle they come up short!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:41 AM
dailydriver
Road Captain

If you want to make the stock brakes work better...get a better brake line..a stainless wrap takes all the swelling out of the system and all the braking pressure goes to the caliper..the stock hose works fine but if I need to STOP I want alot more than fine...Barnett and Russel both make a great brake line...also if your doing alot of GO FAST mods on you scooter remember that you also have to stop fast...and a 13" rotor set-up from PM is $$$ well spent...It's what I'll be running when I punch my bobber to 103" Later

Old 06-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Punty
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Crazy03

I will keep you informed as I go also do you know what forum the other guy posted on so I can check it out and for the first post if you think the BOB stops well you probly have never riden a performance bike, not talking **** just saying the BOB does fine for everyday rider but the brakes are probly the worst I have felt in my time of riding. also with 114 HP on the dyno I need stopping power Sorry. Thanks for the replies
Performance Bob? kinda of a oxymoron wouldnt you say?

Then again most Bobs wouldnt even have a front brake.

Dont want to start any Sh@#, huh? never ridden a performance bike?

Then Why Say Anything?

Quick Reply: upgrade brakes on Bob????