Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/4 Fairing looks great!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Crazy03
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/4 Fairing looks great!

ICECAPS I sent you an email. Thank You for posting this I have been looking forever for this post, now I can put a 1/4 fairing on my Bob, Thanks

Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM
haksaw
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the harley website...check the "new products" This quarter fairing is on there...all the new colors are listed as available so I assume they also have whatever brackets are needed for the 06 or 07 dynas to make the fairing fit

Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 PM
deuce dude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice bike! i like seeing something a little different from the rest.....it would look awesome with the frame painted to match...i've been thinking about it myself.....
ORIGINAL: icecaps

The fairing is not a direct bolt-on for 06 and later forks. When I put mine on, I used spacers between the inner and outer brackets, used kuryaken fork clamps, cut recesses in the fairing,and modified the mountings to new clamps. The stock mounting kit will do nothing for you.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:06 AM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. I'm on deployment in Japan and not checking e-mail / site as much as I did back in the states.

DLSANF2 - The bike is still sans the fairing and bags. I put the replacement painted parts for the bags on order before I left so they will be ready and waiting at the dealer when I get back. The fairing is repairableand gives me an excuse to go ahead with a custom paint job.

SHARKEY - The bags are pretty good but the weather stripping is a pain on the hinge side. They are mounted using the two fender bolts. I found them good for commuting, not sure aboutheavy touring. I liked the fact that they are not boxy.

Nice T-Sport, too bad Harley stopped making them. Dual function - one bike. Practical Harley.

CRAZY03 - Good luck on your project.

SCREAMING EAGLE - Nice Low Rider and Paint

DEUCE DUDE - It was different from the start. A light touring / commuter bike is what I had in mind and I orderred the fairing/spoiler/bags when I picked it up. BTW - the Deuce is the best looking bike the softtail family.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:09 AM
deuce dude
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks icecaps i'm a partial to the deuce too but its not or wasnt popular enough i guess! get home soon and get that fine ride of your back on the road.......

Old 07-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Crazy03
Advanced

Icecaps a question I had was the mounting brackets for the bob you mentioned was for turn signals if these are the correct ones let me know and Ill order them, they are about $110 for 4 of them so I dont want to order the wrong product. Thanks Again

Old 07-20-2007, 06:36 PM
icecaps

Crazy03 - The Kuryakyn clamps I used were to hard mount the fairing to the forks. I used the HD kit to relocate the turn signals.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

[IMG]local://upfiles/23329/899EE83BFDBE4878A52829AD5139A56F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Crazy03
Advanced

Hey icecaps here is what I think you are using for the fairing mount, they are two peice here is a links if these are the right ones let me know and Ill order them http://www.customdynamics.com/driving_lights.htm

I dont have any signals so I dont have to worry about that, thanks for the info has helped greatly

Old 07-20-2007, 08:51 PM
GeorgeJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sharky - what seat do you have on. The whole package looks great by the way! Nice paint - frame and all.
George

Old 07-20-2007, 09:02 PM
icecaps

Item # 2287 looks like the right item. I orderred mine directly from Kuryakyn. If you can get them cheaper go for it.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp...ic&ci=3117

Quick Reply: 1/4 Fairing looks great!