Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS Map Search HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Rolandjr042490
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TTS Map Search HELP!!!!!!!

Hey All,

First off, I know a Dyno Tune will be more effect with increasing my tune, but, At the moment I can't shell out the $ for it, so I'm hoping I can get help with this.

I have a 2014 Street Bob 103 with 2-1 Thunder Header, Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather intake and will be installing S&S MR103 EZ Start Cams, bearings, Hydraulic Tappets, and adjustable push rods.

I can't afford to hit the Dynamics's any time soon so I need to take advantage of the TTS Master Tune that I have.

Does anyone who has this set up, or close, have a Calibration they can suggest? Or, even a map they can email me? I know TTS allows for map storing on the website and I know it's a long shot for what im asking for, but, if anyone has this set up or close, can you let me know so I can upload the tune into mine?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I posted in the dyno section with no luck. Hoping to catch some helpful dynamics's owners' attention

Old 07-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

If you haven't purchased your cams yet, the tune that comes the closest is DAB358-03, as its a 2 into 1 tune with stock cams, The S&S MR103 cam is basicly a de-smog cam and I know very little about it.
TTS is a very flexible tuner and most of the tunes are "baseline", read the TTS Tuning guide and pay attention to the cam tune feature. It's fairly easy as the flight recorder and the mastertune program will get the tune close, it will take dyno time to get the tune perfect. I use TTS and its fairly easy, read the manuals.

: Mike

Old 07-29-2017, 11:53 PM
Rolandjr042490
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
If you haven't purchased your cams yet, the tune that comes the closest is DAB358-03, as its a 2 into 1 tune with stock cams, The S&S MR103 cam is basicly a de-smog cam and I know very little about it.
TTS is a very flexible tuner and most of the tunes are "baseline", read the TTS Tuning guide and pay attention to the cam tune feature. It's fairly easy as the flight recorder and the mastertune program will get the tune close, it will take dyno time to get the tune perfect. I use TTS and its fairly easy, read the manuals.

Thanks, Mike! I am currently running that CAL for my stage 1 set up. I already have the cams and am planning to install in a few days.

If the MR103 is basically a stock cam can you explain that? I'm not sure what you mean by saying you know very little about it.

I spoke to TTS and one of the Reps referred DBB358-03 which is TTS100 cams, A/c, and Bassani 2:1 exhaust. I looked up the TTS100 and I think its about .511 lift

I'm trying to figure out more about the cam selector option so I can start from a base map and tune from there. There's so many different instructions to read from and they all seem to be a bit different so im having trouble figuring it out for now.

Old 07-30-2017, 11:18 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

The cam selector in TTS will only give you the opening numbers. To get the closing numbers you'll need a dyno tune.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:13 PM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

This thread mentioned two ways of getting a base from tt s tuners. I found the thread on harley tech talk with a search of s&s tt s maps

Attached Thumbnails TTS Map Search HELP!!!!!!!-screenshot_2017-07-30-10-10-28.png  
Old 07-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Rolandjr042490
Intermediate

Originally Posted by archergodwin
The cam selector in TTS will only give you the opening numbers. To get the closing numbers you'll need a dyno tune.
Yea I know Dyno is the best tune I can get but I can't for quite some time so I'm looking to see if anyone has a similar set up to send me the map or if anyone knows a good base map

Old 07-30-2017, 01:49 PM
Rolandjr042490
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cdonis
This thread mentioned two ways of getting a base from tt s tuners. I found the thread on harley tech talk with a search of s&s tt s maps
Thanks! You've come through with good info each time! haha much appreciated

Old 07-30-2017, 04:24 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rolandjr042490
Thanks, Mike! I am currently running that CAL for my stage 1 set up. I already have the cams and am planning to install in a few days.

If the MR103 is basically a stock cam can you explain that? I'm not sure what you mean by saying you know very little about it.<SNIP>
What I said was the MR103 Is a de-smog cam, not a stock cam. Basically its a very mild cam with a bit of overlap and more lift, for stock heads and compression, aimed at making the engine run smoother and cooler with no loss of low end torque, and a few more horsepower across the board. When I said I know very little about that cam, I meant just that, I couldn't find a dyno run for it.
Here is a tool that's worth playing with: http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/calculators.htm
It allows you to punch in the numbers to configure a engine build and gives you a rough idea of where the build is going.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Rolandjr042490
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nemosengineer
What I said was the MR103 Is a de-smog cam, not a stock cam. Basically its a very mild cam with a bit of overlap and more lift, for stock heads and compression, aimed at making the engine run smoother and cooler with no loss of low end torque, and a few more horsepower across the board. When I said I know very little about that cam, I meant just that, I couldn't find a dyno run for it.
Here is a tool that's worth playing with: http://www.bigboyzheadporting.com/calculators.htm
It allows you to punch in the numbers to configure a engine build and gives you a rough idea of where the build is going.

Oh, I see! I've seen Dyno sheets for this cam and it looks pretty good. similar set ups run about 99HP and 112TQ.

What you're saying is the base map should be for 2-1 exhaust and A/C and run cam selector from there?

Old 07-30-2017, 06:27 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master

Originally Posted by Rolandjr042490
Oh, I see! I've seen Dyno sheets for this cam and it looks pretty good. similar set ups run about 99HP and 112TQ.

What you're saying is the base map should be for 2-1 exhaust and A/C and run cam selector from there?
Hi Rolandjr,
That's It!!! I'm sorry I wasn't clear the first time, run the cam tune first, then V-Tune your way to happiness.

Quick Reply: TTS Map Search HELP!!!!!!!