Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback passing light mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 10:01 AM
iswest3
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switchback passing light mount

Anyone know where I can get a reasonable mount for led passing lights for a switchback? Also what led head light and passing light do you recommend to get the best bang for my buck.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:26 AM
robertomendo
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

HD part # 68000051 comes without bulbs. Excellent "How To Install" thread on the Switchback forum. I put Truck-Lite bulbs in mine.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:28 AM
robertomendo
Cruiser

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/77342103@N07/, on Flickr

These are the 68000051 aux passing lamps, Don't know why 2 photos appeared?

Last edited by robertomendo; 07-29-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:09 PM
iswest3
Intermediate

What do you have as far as a led headlight?

Old 07-29-2017, 12:17 PM
iswest3
Intermediate

I'd like to put halo led headlight and passing lights but problem is a bracket to mount it. Are the truck lures better than the daymaker version?

Old 07-29-2017, 01:36 PM
robertomendo
Cruiser

Hi, my headlight is custom dynamics. I can't say much about the truck lites I bought them for the price and other peoples reviews. I don't really ride at night but I did once to try them out. The headlight is awesomely bright, the passing lights not so but I think they are aimed too low and you need a slotted socket that I don't have to adjust them. The headlight fits the Switchback without any extra trim ring and the Auxiliary passing lamp kit is an easy install and provides for moving the turn signals to the bottom of the aux light bracket. I am happy with the setup, helps the old time look of the Switchback.

Last edited by robertomendo; 07-29-2017 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 01:49 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Are you looking for a light bar to mount it to the bike or light housings? You could spend the $310 and get the kit that Robert mentioned or you could go with a traditional light bar offered by Drag Specialties (Chrome Light Bar) for $99 and pick up a set of (4.5" Chrome Passing Lamps) for around another $113. When cross referencing parts compatibility, the kit that Robert suggested not only fits the Switchback but also fits the FLTSF (Softail Fat Boy), the light bar I suggested Drag says fits the Fat Boy also, which tells me it also fits the Switchback, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use the items I suggest.

I have the same light bar and housings on my bike (but in black) and they are really good quality parts. I did replace all my lights with some eBay LED specials, there decent and well worth what I paid for them.
LED Headlight kits

I know it's not a Switchback, but I do have it setup using the Softail Light bar so I can mount my batwing that is made to fit the Softail (Heritage, Fat Boy or Slim).

Old 07-29-2017, 02:03 PM
robertomendo
Cruiser

Good options there. I would mention that the HD aux light kit is only $252 plus $5.00 shipping at Boardtracker. A good place for harley parts. All much cheaper than from harley.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:10 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by robertomendo
Good options there. I would mention that the HD aux light kit is only $252 plus $5.00 shipping at Boardtracker. A good place for harley parts. All much cheaper than from harley.

you beat me to it Roberto..
here is a link
http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....g-kit-68000051

Old 07-30-2017, 11:07 AM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Are you looking for a light bar to mount it to the bike or light housings? You could spend the $310 and get the kit that Robert mentioned or you could go with a traditional light bar offered by Drag Specialties (Chrome Light Bar) for $99 and pick up a set of (4.5" Chrome Passing Lamps) for around another $113. When cross referencing parts compatibility, the kit that Robert suggested not only fits the Switchback but also fits the FLTSF (Softail Fat Boy), the light bar I suggested Drag says fits the Fat Boy also, which tells me it also fits the Switchback, so I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to use the items I suggest.

I have the same light bar and housings on my bike (but in black) and they are really good quality parts. I did replace all my lights with some eBay LED specials, there decent and well worth what I paid for them.
LED Headlight kits
Blue, are those Kuryakyn hard mount points there on your forks?

Quick Reply: Switchback passing light mount