Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switchback passing light mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 06:28 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Blue, are those Kuryakyn hard mount points there on your forks?
Yep, I have done some modifications to them to make the setup easier to remove (my setup, not a problem the OP would have because he would be using the Kuryakyn clamps). I swapped out the bolt that is used in the clamp with a smaller diameter thread and trimmed the thread length down (about 3/8" long), I used JB weld to hold the bolt in place (stuff is amazing). Doing this allowed me to loosen the clamp and rotate the light bar forward to remove it, before I had to remove the fork legs. I have been tweaking the setup and will share the details when I have everything fitted again. If I had know that the JB Weld was so effective, I would have put a nut in the Kury clamp to make it complete smooth from the outside, not requiring the clamps to be loosen to remove the light bar (maybe I attempt to get the bolt out and try this, I don't know yet).

Old 07-31-2017, 10:55 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Yep, I have done some modifications to them to make the setup easier to remove (my setup, not a problem the OP would have because he would be using the Kuryakyn clamps). I swapped out the bolt that is used in the clamp with a smaller diameter thread and trimmed the thread length down (about 3/8" long), I used JB weld to hold the bolt in place (stuff is amazing). Doing this allowed me to loosen the clamp and rotate the light bar forward to remove it, before I had to remove the fork legs. I have been tweaking the setup and will share the details when I have everything fitted again. If I had know that the JB Weld was so effective, I would have put a nut in the Kury clamp to make it complete smooth from the outside, not requiring the clamps to be loosen to remove the light bar (maybe I attempt to get the bolt out and try this, I don't know yet).

I had been doing some measurements on mine, and was thinking those Kury fork mount points would work for the light bar....etc... cool. thanks for the confirmation