Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2020 | 03:05 AM
AftaDynaMint
Cruiser

No vent. I went with the tall one because I figured itd be easier to cut 15" down than to stretch out a shorter one. But leaving as is unless i can find a deal on a shorter one to try.
As far as bringing the fairing in closer....I remember reading people had success flipping the top clamps around backwards, then adjusting the bottom clamp closer to the bars. Pondered doing it when I put mine on. Seems like it will work. Good luck.

Old 04-10-2020 | 06:47 PM
Josedyna
Novice

Originally Posted by Torco1
I have the Road Warrior fairing with the 11" shield and almost wish I went with the next size up. Here's a pic with the 11" shield, my bars are 12" tall, so it'll give you a little idea as to the size.
I really like it though, I has an Arlen Ness fairing before this one and the Warrior fairing blocks the wind much better at higher speeds.
I'm interested to buy a road warrior fairing but I have a doubt about the correct size I have to choose
Can you say me the correct measure of your windshield from the headlight opening to the top? Thanks

Old 04-21-2020 | 06:51 PM
Josedyna
Novice

How is the vision with the memphis shades dark black smoke?

Old 04-22-2020 | 11:18 AM
cepa75
6th Gear

this post just made me want to order all the sizes lollll thinking 7 and 14 is what I need

Old 07-05-2020 | 12:01 PM
Chrisin615
Stage I

Bike looks great! What size handlebars are you rocking? I'm trying to decide how high I want to go when I replace the factory bars on my FXD.

Old 07-08-2020 | 12:23 PM
dickieh2
2nd Gear

Hey all!

Wanted to pop into this thread here and ask a quick question. Has anyone put one of these on a Wide Glide? I like the look of this and it seems like the best option for wind in this style. Just not sure about how it functions. With the 36 degree rake on my 2013 FXDWG I'm worried the whole fairing will slant backwards. Thoughts?

Old 01-10-2021 | 02:24 PM
206motochic
Stage III
Default Help with sizing?

Hiya! I was hoping this thread could give me some direction. I just received a Road Warrior fairing for Christmas for my 2018 Harley Davidson Street Bob. I'm 5 feet tall and currently, with the Gauntlet fairing, feel like a bobblehead when riding on the freeway. What size windscreen should I get for the Road Warrior to prevent this from happening? Would the vented windscreen or solid one be best for this (what's the difference between the two)? I don't know how to measure to ensure that the wind goes over my full face helmet when riding. I live in Washington so it stays pretty cold but it would be awesome to have great air flow without the bobblehead effect during the hotter summer months. Maybe 2 windscreens? One windscreen for the cold weather and one for hot? Looking forward to y'alls advice, thanks!

Old 01-10-2021 | 02:35 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 206motochic
Hiya! I was hoping this thread could give me some direction. I just received a Road Warrior fairing for Christmas for my 2018 Harley Davidson Street Bob. I'm 5 feet tall and currently, with the Gauntlet fairing, feel like a bobblehead when riding on the freeway. What size windscreen should I get for the Road Warrior to prevent this from happening? Would the vented windscreen or solid one be best for this (what's the difference between the two)? I don't know how to measure to ensure that the wind goes over my full face helmet when riding. I live in Washington so it stays pretty cold but it would be awesome to have great air flow without the bobblehead effect during the hotter summer months. Maybe 2 windscreens? One windscreen for the cold weather and one for hot? Looking forward to y'alls advice, thanks!
It might have more to do with your helmet then the windshield height.

Old 01-10-2021 | 02:46 PM
206motochic
Stage III

Originally Posted by craigffb
It might have more to do with your helmet then the windshield height.
Really? I've ridden with my Shoei Neotec II or Shoei RF1000 and they both do the same on the Harley but don't on my crotch rocket...which I'm assuming has a lot to do with my position on the bike.

Ideally, should the windscreen height be tall enough for me to see through it? Do the vents make a difference with the wind knocking my head around?

Old 01-10-2021 | 02:50 PM
AftaDynaMint
Cruiser

Where does the top of your windshield line up? Guessing you need to cut it down more. I'm 5'8" and use about a 13". The 15" was about lined up with my eyes and gave me some buffeting with a half helmet. The general rule of thumb is about 2" below your eyes, and look over it or above your eyes and look through it.
Heard the vented windshields dont do much except make a whistle noise sometimes but never used one.

Quick Reply: anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????