Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018 | 05:12 PM
djKail
Advanced

Originally Posted by tcazes
mine doesnt whistle. i have the fairing as far back (closest to the neck) as it will go and the headlight perfectly flush. i have run it in every possible position and never had a whistle. do you have the vented windshield or the solid?
Hmm, ok thanks. I have a solid 15" shield.

​​​​​​I'm really happy with the location and how it looks. Spent so much time getting it just right but now I might fight with it again to try and eliminate the whistle.

Curious to know how you adjusted it closer to the neck? I installed the 4 clamps loose on the forks. Set the fairing so it was centered around my headlight and tightened the clamps. How do you move it in/out?

Old 08-09-2018 | 05:15 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain

the headlight block adjusts the light in n out..
the brackets have slide adjustment. doing all 4 the same can bring it in n out. or staggering them can adjust angle.
and then the bracket at the fairing controls up n down along with sliding the clamps up n down the tubes.

Old 08-09-2018 | 05:15 PM
tcazes
Tourer

if you look at the ears on the fork mounts you will see they are slotted. you can loosen the bolt and slide them further back. before i put my riser bag on i actually flipped the mounts around to where i could push it even FARTHER back. i could actually almost use the stock light mount. on their mount i was on the hole closest to the neck for the light and the hole closest to the light for the mount to the trees. it was awesome and just barely cleared the tank. a pain in the *** to adjust but definitely doable.

Old 08-09-2018 | 05:42 PM
djKail
Advanced

Originally Posted by tcazes
if you look at the ears on the fork mounts you will see they are slotted. you can loosen the bolt and slide them further back. before i put my riser bag on i actually flipped the mounts around to where i could push it even FARTHER back. i could actually almost use the stock light mount. on their mount i was on the hole closest to the neck for the light and the hole closest to the light for the mount to the trees. it was awesome and just barely cleared the tank. a pain in the *** to adjust but definitely doable.
Right on, thanks for the tips. I've gone ahead and confirmed my mounts are already slid all the way back. I've moved my headlight back by one hole on the mounting block. See how it goes tomorrow, definitely alot more adjustment on this thing that I was originally aware of.

I've also noticed that the plastic ring that sits inside the fairing seems to be pulling away from the fairing down in the bottom corners. Hopefully that is not what is causing the whistle. I'll tape it up and see, if it is I'll be after Memphis Shades for a warranty replacement.

Old 08-09-2018 | 06:54 PM
tcazes
Tourer

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
^ is that a serious question?
Dead serious. I know I lost a few when I installed my 13. I tested with no fairing, just the fairing and no windshield and then with the 13

Old 08-10-2018 | 11:47 AM
djKail
Advanced

Just as an update if anyone else stumbles across this thread with a similar issue. I moved my headlight back by one hole where the block mounts to the triple clamp. Whistle is gone.

Old 08-10-2018 | 12:09 PM
Torco1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
my issue is wobble at 80+ mph leans/turns/curves...I have the vented 17" and I believe it's the wind getting caught in the vent holes. anyone else experience this?
I want to swap windshields, but I already had mine wrapped and I'm being lazy about it...but it's really bad. also depends on head winds, big time.
Do you mean the windshield starts to wobble around......or are you talking about the entire bike?

Old 08-31-2018 | 09:49 PM
VegasinArkansas
Stage II
Default 2018 Softail RW Fairing Problems

I recently installed the RW fairing with a 13" vented shield on my 2018 FXLR. I wear a full face helmet when I ride and I am getting some terrible wind pushing my helmets upwards at all times making it difficult to concentrate on the road. Has anyone else run into this? I am almost more comfortable just running no fairing at this point. If anyone can help solve this issue with me I would be super happy.

Old 08-31-2018 | 11:19 PM
tcazes
Tourer

I have seen nothing but negative reviews on vented windshields.

Old 09-01-2018 | 12:51 AM
VegasinArkansas
Stage II

Yea I am going back to get an 11” smoked non vented to try tomorrow but overall I’m pretty upset about it. I wanted a 13” non vented but they are on back order until sep 25th. I will update after I try the non vented. Thanks for the reply 🤞🏼

Quick Reply: anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????