Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018 | 10:31 AM
Torco1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by nat192
Torco1, noticed the viking bags. How do you like them? I have the same 17 as you, picked it up in September. I am not interested in relocating plates or rear signals, wondering if the viking bags you have are the ones without need to relocate and what you think of them? Thanks for the info on the Arleness, was actually considering getting one.
I like them a lot. They are made really well, they don't flex or sag at all and they don't lose their shape.....they're really sturdy. They have plenty of room as well.

One of the best things about them is what you mentioned, they do not require any relocating brackets and the turn signals stay in the stock position. Each bag literally has two bolts holding them onto the bike, it takes maybe 10 minutes to take them both off the bike if you feeling like riding without them. They don't have a quick release or anything, it's just super easy to take them off and put them back on. I think you'd be happy with them, they are one of the only bags I could find that didn't require any type of relocating brackets while still looking good and working good.

I hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
nat192 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018 | 01:02 PM
adamsrotors
Road Captain

tallest option, fully blacked out.
love the quality, look, and usability. favorite mode next to my brakes.

Old 04-06-2018 | 10:31 PM
EasyLiving
Advanced

I might have to try that. My 13” vented screen buffets like crazy no matter what position it is in. Gave up and went back to the little 7”.

Old 05-27-2018 | 03:26 PM
RedPandaMonium
Intermediate

Originally Posted by adamsrotors
tallest option, fully blacked out.
love the quality, look, and usability. favorite mode next to my brakes.

Hey @adamsrotors, how'd you get it totally blacked out? I want to do a 75-80% tint to my clear windhshield since Memphis Shades doesn't go that dark in 15" and above

Old 07-13-2018 | 09:30 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Were the screws to mount the windshield supposed to come with the fairing or the windshield? I am not happy right now!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2018 | 12:30 PM
Torco1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by craigffb
Were the screws to mount the windshield supposed to come with the fairing or the windshield? I am not happy right now!!!!!!!
They came with the fairing when I bought mine and then when I bought a taller windshield more where sent with it.

Old 07-24-2018 | 12:50 PM
tcazes
Tourer

I run the 13" and it's perfect for me for summer riding. Wouldn't mind a 15 for winter . I sprayed the back side with vht nite shades and an much happier blacked out. For reference my signature picture is before blacking out but and that's 10" Murdock pull backs.

Last edited by tcazes; 07-24-2018 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-24-2018 | 01:07 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Torco1
They came with the fairing when I bought mine and then when I bought a taller windshield more where sent with it.
I contacted them and they are supposed to be sending me some. Still waiting and had to call again. I ended up ordering a 13 inch shield so I have some now, but I was able to find some stuff that worked so I could get about 200 miles with a 17 inch on. I like the 13 inch better, but honestly I cant tell much difference between the two other then the fact I look over one and threw the other.

On a side note I put a Kuryakyn Road Thunder sound bar by MTX on the bike. That was the main reason for the fairing. It isn't bad for what it is. It's a little on the pricy side, but not bad.

Old 07-25-2018 | 08:20 AM
lookforexit
4th Gear

I did the lowest dark smoke

The following users liked this post:
DynaSportAndy (05-18-2020)
Old 07-25-2018 | 10:30 AM
Torco1
Cruiser

Originally Posted by craigffb
I contacted them and they are supposed to be sending me some. Still waiting and had to call again. I ended up ordering a 13 inch shield so I have some now, but I was able to find some stuff that worked so I could get about 200 miles with a 17 inch on. I like the 13 inch better, but honestly I cant tell much difference between the two other then the fact I look over one and threw the other.

On a side note I put a Kuryakyn Road Thunder sound bar by MTX on the bike. That was the main reason for the fairing. It isn't bad for what it is. It's a little on the pricy side, but not bad.
Nice!......how does it sound while riding?

Quick Reply: anyone running a Memphis shades Road Warrior fairing????