Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017 | 01:01 PM
druski
|
Tourer
Default Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...

As the title states, I'm considering going back to a dyna (originally had a Super Glide). Still need to test ride both bikes, so can't say yet whether or not I'll like it. Hoping to hit a demo day first weekend of August or just stop by the dealership to do a test ride.

I was wondering if there was anyone else on here that has done something similar (gone from touring to dyna) and how they are doing after switching bikes. Still happy, miss the fairing and radio....stuff like that.

Thanks,

Druski

Old 07-25-2017 | 03:37 PM
cvaria
Supporter

low rider. thread closed.

Old 07-25-2017 | 04:58 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

I may take hell here, but here it is.

Why? I mean, is there a reason you are thinking this? The street glide too heavy? Do a lot of around town or bar hopping?

Reason I ask, is if I had to have only one bike, I'd have a hard time giving up my bagger. Now, I LOVE my LRS, but I wouldn't want to take it on more then a couple hour ride. I'm probably spoiled, but the bagger is a pleasure to ride for long distances - radio, GPS, fairing, awesome. And I like long, all day cruising.

Naturally it won't rip around like the dyna, but it's nimble enough that if I had to have only one, I may consider it.

Of course I have both so it's hard for me to imagine having to choose. And as I said I love my LRS, so when the time came to choose, I could just as easily argue the opposite...

All that being said, to answer your question. Low rider all the way.

The following users liked this post:
druski (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017 | 09:05 AM
rauchman
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mchad

Why? I mean, is there a reason you are thinking this? The street glide too heavy? Do a lot of around town or bar hopping?

Reason I ask, is if I had to have only one bike, I'd have a hard time giving up my bagger. Now, I LOVE my LRS, but I wouldn't want to take it on more then a couple hour ride. I'm probably spoiled, but the bagger is a pleasure to ride for long distances - radio, GPS, fairing, awesome. And I like long, all day cruising.

Naturally it won't rip around like the dyna, but it's nimble enough that if I had to have only one, I may consider it.

Of course I have both so it's hard for me to imagine having to choose. And as I said I love my LRS, so when the time came to choose, I could just as easily argue the opposite...

All that being said, to answer your question. Low rider all the way.

I may be totally off here, but wasn't your RG blue?

Old 07-26-2017 | 09:15 AM
Rollcage
Cruiser

I'll get flamed here, but test ride a Fat Bob.

Old 07-26-2017 | 09:19 AM
druski
|
Tourer

appreciate the input, but not really looking for input on what Dyna at this point. more curious to hear from people who have made the switch from touring to dyna.

Mchad...fair question. A large percentage of my riding is commuting and day trips to rip around the mountain. I do one long trip every June and I feel like having a bike that is more suited for the 1 long trip may not be as fun as having a bit lighter bike that can rip around the twisties a bit better than the Glide can. There is no denying that the Glide is a great bike, but lately I've been thinking I can get another one at some point in the future.

Old 07-26-2017 | 09:25 AM
hsr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by druski
I was wondering if there was anyone else on here that has done something similar (gone from touring to dyna) and how they are doing after switching bikes. Still happy, miss the fairing and radio....stuff like that.

Thanks,

Druski
I've had in order:
2012 Switchback. Sold because decided it wasn't my style.
2009 Streetbob that I modded to my tastes.
2015 Streetglide

Call me crazy, but I do NOT like the FLHX. I'm 5"11 200lbs, so it's not that it was too big, I just don't enjoy riding it. It's a very cool bike. Love the way it looks, but to me, all the gadgets (radio, GPS, cruise, etc) are distractions. I'd much rather listen to the engine.

I sold the Streetbob when I bought the Streetglide and regretted it every time I took the SG out. So much so I hunted down the guy I sold it to and bought it back. Sold the FLHX last Thursday without a second thought.

Again, call me crazy.

The following users liked this post:
druski (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017 | 10:35 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mchad
Radio
- Get a bluetooth in your helmet.

GPS
- One of the best parts of riding is getting lost. Also, a RAM mount for your phone and now you have GPS

Fairing
- When have you seen a dyna that didn't have a fairing? Seriously, there are so many shapes and sizes to suit needs.

All day cruising
- I rode my Dyna 8 hours from CA to NV for street vibrations. Get the right seat and comfort is a non-issue. Also worth noting... Leather Pro bags can hold just as much as a street glide and when fully expanded can hold even more.

When I can have all the comforts of a bagger with more storage on a lighter and more agile bike why would I not?

The following 3 users liked this post by k-weaver:
Carl '69 (07-28-2017), druski (07-26-2017), rockabillygrl (06-15-2020)
Old 07-26-2017 | 10:52 AM
JoshFXDL
Road Captain

God, we just had this street bob versus low rider thread....

Low rider has dual front brakes, HO Cams, and passenger hardware...street bob does not.

Low rider does have 0.6" less clearance...if you weight 600 pounds, that might make a difference...LOL

I do have a street bob headlight on my lowrider though :P

Old 07-26-2017 | 11:14 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Just test ride a low rider and a street bob. trying to get input is useless. It's all opinion. Put butt on seat.

add a sportster roadster to that mix as well... matter of fact. .. test everything.... why not? Test rides are free

The following 2 users liked this post by cvaria:
lh4x4 (08-05-2017), Mchad (07-26-2017)

Quick Reply: Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...