Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017 | 07:13 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SixDD
That's just your opinion that the Lowrider is the cream of the crop of the HD lineup-probably because you own one.

It's definitely not!
I agree. I own a SuperGlide but I think the best Dyna is the FatBob.

Old 07-28-2017 | 09:17 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member
Veteran: Army

If yer a big dude or long of limb, you'll find the Dyna has much more room than the current baggers & a whole lot less weight to deal with. I liked my old '99 FLTR well enough, but my FL'd '02 FXD fits me perfectly & is all day comfortable.

If I were on the prowl for a new Dyna, my taste runs toward the FXDF, tho I'd go for the FXDL over the FXDB.

The following users liked this post:
druski (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017 | 09:27 PM
user 8382390
Banned
Default Been there - done that

Depends on what you intend to use it for. Had a super glide 06. Wanted to do really long trips, upgraded to a StreetGlide in 09...rode it, racked up the miles loved the smooth ride, fairing, looks, storage, stereo, retired in 2014, moved to south Louisiana. No longer interested in really long touring rides....the bike was too heavy, bulky and difficult in an area with terrible roads and mostly gravel parking lots. I weigh 150 ibs at 5'9 and it was a beast so in 2015 I went to the dealer...sat on a street bob...immediately hated it...just didn't sit right for me...climbed on a WideGlide and it was a perfect fit for what is the most comfortable and natural seating posture for me...now ..I like the WG but I truly loved that StreetGlide and regret letting her go. Part of that is my interest in riding has also gone down and for the riding I do now the SG would have still been fine as I miss all those amenities.

druski (07-28-2017)
Old 07-28-2017 | 11:27 PM
Ikelove
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Qdog002
I think the best Dyna is the FatBob.
If you don't mind another 40 lbs of weight.

Old 07-29-2017 | 02:23 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Ikelove
And found it was true. There is no other bike in the HD line that I want other than a LR or LR S. Others may want something else.
no current hd has / had what i want, so i built it.

The following 2 users liked this post by cvaria:
Carl '69 (07-29-2017), Nemosengineer (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017 | 07:14 AM
Surly
Cruiser

Druski I have a 2010 Road King and 16 LRS. I pick the bike for the ride I am about to go on and each does what it was designed for brilliantly. It sounds like you know the split of riding already.

Could I blast through the hills on my RK...absolutely
Could I tour on the LRS if I had to...absolutely

Would each be better than the other on its unintended journey...no way!

HTH
Surly

Old 07-29-2017 | 11:29 AM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ikelove
If you don't mind another 40 lbs of weight.
Actually, I can handle the extra 40 lbs so that would not be an issue but I do understand that not everyone can, which is fine also.

Old 07-29-2017 | 05:59 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Add the LR to the garage. Then you will have both, and my envy. I want to add a SG

Old 07-30-2017 | 06:26 PM
Tan Nguyen
6th Gear

You mentioned the lack of radio being a concern - I use bluetooth headphone for music and it also helps block the wind as well!

Old 08-04-2017 | 07:35 PM
hd4evr2008
Grand HDF Member

Well, I'll give you my experience. I had a 2008 Street Glide. I felt the same as you (original poster). I thought I wanted something different. I've always liked the dyna family, so I traded my '08 for a new Low Rider. Had it for a year....fun bike.......but, I found myself leaving it in the garage a lot of the time, not because I wanted to, but because I had nowhere to put anything. It was just inconvenient to take the bike. There was nowhere to put something I might purchase while out on a ride. No place for a jacket, or anything else I wanted to carry. I got tired of trying to stick things in my shirt, or strap them to the seat somehow, or most of the time, just not buying something I wanted because there was no way to carry it. I am NOT a fan of throw over bags, every time I've used them on a bike they'd scratch the fender and ruin the paint, and besides, if you're gonna do that........windshield, bags, etc.......why do you have a dyna to begin with? So.........I finally traded my Low Rider for another Street Glide because I realized I should have kept the Street Glide to begin with. Just my thoughts. But I'd think really hard if I were you before getting rid of your Street Glide. I think you'll miss the bags for the same reasons I did. They're really handy, and make the bike useful. Another thing, in my area, you can hardly give a dyna away. I had mine listed for two months at a VERY good price, and got not even one call on it. Street Glides are "THE" bike to own around here. They sell as soon as they're listed. Everybody always says, "once you own a bagger, you'll never go back". Well, I DID go back, and I was soon sorry I did. Glad to have a bagger back. I'll never own anything else again. JMHO.

Last edited by hd4evr2008; 08-04-2017 at 07:54 PM.
druski (08-05-2017)

Quick Reply: Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...