Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017 | 11:29 AM
Adam87t2
Advanced

I went from a 15 road glide special to a 16 low rider and couldn't be happier. I miss the radio in town ( I will put in an ear bud on long trips) and the electronic cruise but other than that I don't miss the road glide at all. The low rider is lighter, faster, more fun to throw in corners and with a faring and t-sport bags it's totally capable of making a long trip

The following users liked this post:
druski (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017 | 02:17 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by rauchman
I may be totally off here, but wasn't your RG blue?
Very observant. Indeed it was. I swapped the paint set. Long story short: When I went to my dealer to buy a bagger, my intention was to get one in VB. Unfortunatly there were no '16's left and I didn't want a M8. So I got blue thinking I would get used to it. I didn't, so I found a new take off paint set and bought it. Installed it myself and sold my blue set to recoup the cost of the black. Couldn't have worked out any better.

Originally Posted by k-weaver
Radio
- Get a bluetooth in your helmet.

GPS
- One of the best parts of riding is getting lost. Also, a RAM mount for your phone and now you have GPS

Fairing
- When have you seen a dyna that didn't have a fairing? Seriously, there are so many shapes and sizes to suit needs.

All day cruising
- I rode my Dyna 8 hours from CA to NV for street vibrations. Get the right seat and comfort is a non-issue. Also worth noting... Leather Pro bags can hold just as much as a street glide and when fully expanded can hold even more.

When I can have all the comforts of a bagger with more storage on a lighter and more agile bike why would I not?
All good points, which don't matter to me since I have both. Ride a modern bagger one day. They aren't so bad.

rauchman (07-26-2017)
Old 07-26-2017 | 02:43 PM
druski
|
Tourer

Thanks to the guys providing input on switching from touring to dyna, much appreciated!

Old 07-26-2017 | 02:45 PM
druski
|
Tourer

k-weaver...what seat are you using? one of the first thing I would change is the seat, but there are a ton of options.

Old 07-26-2017 | 02:56 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Riders Club Member

Originally Posted by druski
k-weaver...what seat are you using? one of the first thing I would change is the seat, but there are a ton of options.
Interesting timing on your question on seats. I have been running a HD Tallboy on last three dynas, but have a Saddlemen Explorer coming tomorrow which I'm going to try out. The gel insert intrigued me. I've tried a few different seats and always end up back with the Tallboy. But since I have 13" Ohlins rears on the way, I may not need the additional height - is why I'm trying explorer.

druski (07-27-2017)
Old 07-27-2017 | 03:07 AM
VoiceofReason44
Road Master

You really can't go wrong either way, but if it was me, I'd go FXDL. Why? Dual front brakes, full rear fender.

Old 07-27-2017 | 09:50 AM
ludville1
Tourer

Low Rider for the reasons mentioned, though the Street Bob's are cool bikes too...

Old 07-27-2017 | 09:54 AM
MadMouser
Cruiser

appreciate the input, but not really looking for input on what Dyna at this point. more curious to hear from people who have made the switch from touring to dyna.
I just made that jump. Traded a '15 RGS for a '17 Fat Bob. And I haven't looked back. Most of my riding is in town, commuting to/from work, and stuff. I might do one road trip a year. I likened commuting in DFW traffic on my RGS to commuting in a Winnebago. The Fat Bob, on the other hand, is great. It's lighter, more nimble, and just plain fun.

Sure, I miss the fairing, tunes, cruise, etc. But it was a small price to pay for now having a bike that I'll actually ride on a daily basis.

druski (07-27-2017)
Old 07-27-2017 | 10:01 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser

I run a LePera. They are a bit stiff at first but they break in. I think anything with the gel is the way to go. I really want to pickup a Luky Dave seat. Love the look.

druski (07-27-2017)
Old 07-27-2017 | 11:55 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master

I went from a 15 road glide back to the dyna family in the form of a fxdls. Loved the road glide for the storage and tunes were nice but I have an ankle injury and figured the lighter bike would be beneficial. I forgot how fun dyna are to ride. If I miss my glide too much I'll just get a fxrt fairing and clamshell bags and still be 100 lbs lighter than a touring bike.

druski (07-27-2017)

Quick Reply: Street Glide to Street Bob or Low Rider (not the LRS)...