Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New - and American Cycle Deflector Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Teppo
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New - and American Cycle Deflector Question

Hi everybody, i am a Harley Driver from germany. My new (comes in november) Street Bob is my 10.th Harley. I will do some modifications an it.

One will be a windshield. Now my question: has anybody tried the American Cycle Deflector Windshield? Does it work well? I want a little bit less wind without more noise ore buffeting on the head.

Teppo

Old 10-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain
Default RE: New - and American Cycle Deflector Question

Good choice! What color did you get? Please post some pics when you get it. Ok, this is just my opinion, but I would never put any windshield on the Street Bob. I think it would ruin the look. But, you only need to please yourself, not me. So, ride safe and have fun!!!

Old 10-12-2005, 12:09 PM
WillieC
Road Master

Hulabears said:
I would never put any windshield on the Street Bob. I think it would ruin the look

__________________________________________________ ____________________

I have a Street Bob and I have a detachable windscreen. If you are planning any long trips or riding in cold
WX you have to decide if you want to be pretty or comfortable. No offence intended to the Hulabears !

Willie

Old 10-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Teppo
Advanced

My Street Bob comes in black denim. Nice color. I dont't like the look of a windshield, but i like the protecion of it. I have to drive on the autobahn very often with 130 Km/h to 160 Km/h faster, that is what i need the windshield for.

Oh, the name of the shield is not american cycle. It is "National Cycle Deflector". Does anybody use it?

Teppo

Old 10-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Crowdog
Tourer

I'm with Willie on this one.

I don't really care for the way a windscreen looks on a bike ...BUT....it makes alot of difference when its cold outside or on a long trip.

I will prolly put a quick release Harley windscreen on this winter and take it off in the spring again.

Teppo,

I'm not familar with that company. I think Harley screens cost a bit more but work well with their bikes.

Ride safe.

Crow

Old 10-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Hog_fever
Road Captain

Teppo.

National cycle has 2 "deflector" models, the "switchblade deflector windshield " and the "deflector screen". I have the deflector screen so I will give you my opinion of it. There are 2 versions of this model, the standard and the DX. I have the DX. It is detachable within seconds and has an adjustable rake. Quality is very good. At $89.00 its unbeatable. Now the bad, I found that the buffeting was so violent that I preferred the ride without it. It does however, at speeds over 60mph, keep the brunt force off your torso for a more relaxing ride and for those cold days it's a blessing! So its kind of a 50/50 thing, I use it when I need it. Hope this helps...

Old 10-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Teppo
Advanced

Thank you HOG-Fever, that's what i wanted to read!

Teppo

Old 10-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Twohulabears
Road Captain

you have to decide if you want to be pretty or comfortable
I will NEVER be pretty, so I want my bike to be! LOL!

Actually, maybe a detachable windshield might be a good idea. I have never rode with a windshield so I am affraid that once I did, I might not ever take it off!

Old 10-13-2005, 06:56 PM
fordracing19
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Hog_fever

Teppo.

National cycle has 2 "deflector" models, the "switchblade deflector windshield " and the "deflector screen". I have the deflector screen so I will give you my opinion of it. There are 2 versions of this model, the standard and the DX. I have the DX. It is detachable within seconds and has an adjustable rake. Quality is very good. At $89.00 its unbeatable. Now the bad, I found that the buffeting was so violent that I preferred the ride without it. It does however, at speeds over 60mph, keep the brunt force off your torso for a more relaxing ride and for those cold days it's a blessing! So its kind of a 50/50 thing, I use it when I need it. Hope this helps...

What is this buffeting that you speak of? I am looking for a deflector for the winter months also.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:33 PM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Hog; Take your left arm and put it across your chest at 60, of course with the windshield on, and see if the buffeting isn't reduced a BUNCH. If you like what your arm does, then go to the Jack's Flaps AeroVest ad on the right of this column and click on it. I came up with the vest to stop that turbulence that kicks your butt and it really does do what the ad says it will, no B.S. --jack