Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should I keep my stock parts for resale of bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 03:29 PM
kcollins
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should I keep my stock parts for resale of bike

is there a benifit to keeping the stock parts if I decide to sell my bike someday. is there a bigger attraction if I have all my stock parts or does it even matter mostly?

Old 07-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

Good question,

As for me, I tend to keep many of the stock parts on hand for eventual resale, or if something needs to go back to stock for whatever reason.

When buying a used bike, it's nice to get the stock parts from the seller as well, for the same reasons.

As to the value of the bike when selling, don't expect to get your money back on non-stock parts you've added. That's another reason to keep some of the major stock items--put the aftermarket stuff on the next bike, or sell them outright for some cash.

All the best,

Shane

Old 07-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Smogbob
Road Captain
Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Yep keep them unless you get short of cash, it proves that you modded the bike, because you have the original parts, always nice for another owner to go back to stock if they want to, especially in Europe where they are clamping down on every little mod.

The following users liked this post:
kcollins (07-07-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 07:26 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

Keep them.

When you go to sell the bike you'll basically get the same with your mods then without. Keeping them allows you to swap back on stock stuff (which was hardly used so in good condition) and sell the mods you bought for it. It also allows you room to bargain or deal with haggling. Think of the mods as cash strapped to the bike, why 'give it away'? Besides, stock parts don't usually sell for much.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:53 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,200 Likes on 3,377 Posts

Ditch 'em

I am happy to sell any of my stock stuff. Christ, between that, and the things I have bought/tried/hated, the pile is getting large

Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 PM
JohnMn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 211 Posts

I've kept mine.
Listing;
Bike for sale: (describe bike and add on's) with F.O.P

That way another idiot can come on here and ask what model an F.O.P. is

Old 07-07-2017, 11:42 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts

I won't be putting mine back to stock... too damn much work... so I guess I'm not ever selling it...

Old 07-08-2017, 05:24 AM
SixDD
Banned
Received 1,902 Likes on 1,109 Posts

Depends on how much $ you can get for the stock parts. Sell them then buy something nice for your Harley-Davidson. That's what I would do!

Old 07-08-2017, 10:04 AM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by HDConvert511
Ditch 'em

I am happy to sell any of my stock stuff. Christ, between that, and the things I have bought/tried/hated, the pile is getting large
This..Hell,,most if not all the take offs I considered factory junk really. Trying to play "stop loss" on the back end is a waste of time. Besides, at some point and time there will be someone on here that truly NEEDS something.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:07 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,200 Likes on 3,377 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
This..Hell,,most if not all the take offs I considered factory junk really. Trying to play "stop loss" on the back end is a waste of time. Besides, at some point and time there will be someone on here that truly NEEDS something.
Yeah, the heavy *** set of pipes went straight to the scrap pile. I wonder how many new FXDLS owners still have that stock set with the cat in them, taking up space in the garage?

Quick Reply: should I keep my stock parts for resale of bike