Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Le Pera Daytona Daddy Long Legs input

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017 | 07:33 AM
Velodemon
|
Novice
Default Le Pera Daytona Daddy Long Legs input

I recently sold my XL1200N and bought a 2008 FXDL. Does any one have any experience with the Le Pera Daytona DLL? I've read the reviews on the Maverick DLL but really like the looks of the Daytona. Any other 2 up seat suggestions other than the HD Tall Boy for moving my seated position back a good bit? Not really interested in forward controls. If I can't get enough comfort with a seat swap alone, I'll probably add some further forward mid controls. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-04-2017 | 10:43 AM
sdlsaginaw
Cruiser

I have one with gel that was on my 2016 Wide Glide. I liked it, but seating was on the verge of "too far" with my forwards and 32" inseam. It was also a bit narrow for me for longer rides, though good for a couple hours. I ended up going to a Lucky Dave's, but that puts me right back at stock position. I need to get off my butt and get the Le Pera up for sale.

The following users liked this post:
Velodemon (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017 | 11:19 AM
stonei3
Club Member

I had one on my LRS. It will definitely give you more room and pairs well with further forward mids if you are on the taller side. IMO, that seat is great for in town rides but not ideal for longer distances.

Velodemon (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017 | 12:25 PM
dn.bnntt
Advanced

Just got a Daytona DLL two weeks ago. 3k miles in last two weeks and zero complaints from me on my FXDLS. I have the fwd controls and 13" Lucky 13 bars from Lucky Daves installed. It will take a few rides to start to break in though, don't judge completely after your first ride.

I had the maverick DLL w/ Backrest on my FLTRXS and although it's a different frame I loved it as well. Did a few 5k mile weeks on it and had no issues as well.

I'm 6'6" 245lbs with a 38" inseam for reference.

Velodemon (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017 | 01:12 PM
Velodemon
|
Novice

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw
I have one with gel that was on my 2016 Wide Glide. I liked it, but seating was on the verge of "too far" with my forwards and 32" inseam. It was also a bit narrow for me for longer rides, though good for a couple hours. I ended up going to a Lucky Dave's, but that puts me right back at stock position. I need to get off my butt and get the Le Pera up for sale.
Thanks for the pics and reply. I don't think I can send PMs yet. Could you email me if you are interested in selling your Daytona DLL? velodemonATyahooDOTcom

Old 07-04-2017 | 03:57 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

I have a daytona long legs to have something for the wife to be able to use on my fxdls. It's a good comfortable seat. But I've found myself leaving my saddlemen explorer seat on more and more. Going to sell my Daytona as well since I don't use it. Highlyy recommended seat though. Good look and function but I will attest it's not an all day seat.

Velodemon (07-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017 | 04:11 PM
Velodemon
|
Novice

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
I have a daytona long legs to have something for the wife to be able to use on my fxdls. It's a good comfortable seat. But I've found myself leaving my saddlemen explorer seat on more and more. Going to sell my Daytona as well since I don't use it. Highlyy recommended seat though. Good look and function but I will attest it's not an all day seat.
It looks great on your bike. I think one of these is going to get me dang close to where I need to be on the bike. I pretty much just ride around town and back and forth to work, so long haul comfort isn't too much of an issue for me. Please shoot me an email if you decide to sell it. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2017 | 07:56 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master

Sent you an email

Old 07-10-2017 | 06:13 PM
Velodemon
|
Novice

I got my Le Pera Dayton DLL today, thanks to Crying joker. I'm very happy with how it positions me on the bike. Thanks to you all for your input!

Last edited by Velodemon; 07-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.
fxdup (09-14-2018)
Old 07-14-2018 | 05:04 PM
401nate
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by sdlsaginaw

hey man, if you haven't sold it I will buy it... today lol. Need some extra room on my 14 fxdb. Looking to pair with further forward mids for my 34"inseam

Quick Reply: Le Pera Daytona Daddy Long Legs input