Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowrider S luggage options

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:33 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Lowrider S luggage options

I'm looking for luggage options for a Lowrider S.

I have a road trip that's sorta snuck up on me and I realize I have crap for time to figure this out. Right now the bike is stock but I plan in the long run to get a seat a passenger can use and put on a Fat-Cat exhaust.

I don't need a lot storage, I figure either different seat and a sissy bar that I can strap a backpack to, or saddle bags that will work without interfering with future plan or needing to move things. But I'm open to other ideas as well, just not having it on my back for 3000 miles, lol.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Old 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 6,196 Likes on 3,374 Posts

I have tried the sissy and bag, and saddlebags (2 brands) on my S. I don't like the bag on the sissy, acts like a sail. I first bought leather HD saddlebags, but wanted something bigger and now I have LeatherPros. Anyhow, I prefer the saddlebags. You do have to relocate your turns, but its a snap.
I will make you good deal on the HD leather bags

The following users liked this post:
CaptainAwesome (07-02-2017)
Old 07-02-2017, 03:21 PM
bigbadpoppa
Road Master
Received 128 Likes on 116 Posts

Hd detachable sissy bar. A backpack strapped to it that sits on the passenger seat area so it doesn't sit above the bar (but without the passenger seat on). Pack light...lasted me for 4 nights no sweat!

Old 07-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

The Harley-Davidson Rigid Solo Rack P/N 52796-09. Fits with the stock turn signals, extremely strong construction and there is a very ugly passenger seat option that clips on top of the rack if you occasionally haul around a passenger. I use mine with bungee nuts for more tie down options. Its very functional.

Name:  20170702_124717.jpg
Views: 3541
Size:  5.00 MB

Mike

Old 07-02-2017, 04:46 PM
CaptainAwesome
Road Master
Received 218 Likes on 140 Posts

That solo rack might work well. I like the idea of being able to switch on a seat if need be and have something I can carry a few things with easy enough. I'm a big fan of the solo seat, but need passenger options, so that might just be the ticket.

Thanks everyone!

Old 07-02-2017, 08:04 PM
rbdub474
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 218 Posts

I installed a set of the Big Al's hard bags. A little different than the norm, but I like the utilitarian look. Also the fit and finish is great. I did have to relocate the plate and turns to make it work. I have now changed out the bolts that held the bags to the cage with a Masterlock and a detent pin on each side so I can take them off when needed.

I can also put on my tall detachable sissybar with my T Bag Super T on it for Lon trips.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Nickd2689
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 257 Likes on 199 Posts

I have viking bags that I only use for trips or grocery shopping. I just bought cheap ones since they're never on. Built a QD mount for em with flat stock and a set of lockable sissy bar latches. When grocery shopping or gettin dog food I throw my 2 up on and ratchet strap the bag to the sissy bar. No complaints thus far. Next time we go on a trip for more than a few days I'm gonna get the extra large Viking hard bags. Just rather have more storage than I need.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:40 PM
DynaDownLow
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

https://badgcustoms.com/bags/harley-davidson/dyna

These bags simply use leather straps to mount to the bike and require no modification to the bike like relocation of turn signals or license plate brackets.

These are the only pics I have right now but if you want more let me know!

If you decide to purchase them, shoot me a PM or Email. I'm not affiliated with them at all but can tell you about the positive experance I've had with them. I also have one of the bags for sale.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:04 PM
thisisagame24
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaDownLow
https://badgcustoms.com/bags/harley-davidson/dyna

These bags simply use leather straps to mount to the bike and require no modification to the bike like relocation of turn signals or license plate brackets.

These are the only pics I have right now but if you want more let me know!

If you decide to purchase them, shoot me a PM or Email. I'm not affiliated with them at all but can tell you about the positive experance I've had with them. I also have one of the bags for sale.

Would you happen to have a shot from the rear of the bike with the bags on?

Old 07-02-2017, 09:30 PM
DynaDownLow
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by thisisagame24
Would you happen to have a shot from the rear of the bike with the bags on?
I don't but can take one tomorrow and post it. Anything in particular your looking for in the pic?

Quick Reply: Lowrider S luggage options