Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

Due to medical/health/pain issues...Had to sell my Harley, it leaves in the morning, the bike I have wanted since I was a little kid. The pain is just to bad when I ride it. I have deformed hip sockets that prevent me from sitting and opening my legs. I have tried everything, and plenty of MDs told me there wasn't a solution until I get new hips. Which they won't do until after 50 years old.

Snowmobiling was always painful, but I would throw my left leg over the tank and sit on it to ride. Tough way to ride 300 miles let me tell you. I had this issue with my Honda Magna and had hoped forward controls would help, but in about 10 miles I hurt so bad I can't focus on the road, and that's dangerous.

Same goes for ATVs and Jet Skis, can't do ride those either. My 6 year old was devastated when I told her I was selling the bike. I don't think there is any worse feeling than a look of disappointment in your kid's eyes. So, now I am toyless for the 1st time in my adult life, as the 66 Mustang is also For Sale out of boredom and value. It is just to risky to drive it being a numbers matching car with VIN stamped block. One crunch in an accident and I loose about $10k in value. Besides...it's slow and hot too.

I'm kicking around the idea of buying a 2005-2006 Mustang and building it up to 600hp with a turbo and some other goodies.

It's been a fun 10 months and 1000 miles with it, and on this siteAt least I can say "I used to have a bike" when someone questions one of my t-shirts. Everything else went with the bike. I mean ALL OF IT!!! Jack, tools, jackets, helmets, oil, filter, manual...if it said HD it's gone tomorrow.

Everytime I hear a bike, I'll be thinking of all of you. And believe me, there's no shortage of them in my neighborhood. At least 12 within my block and behind me. Well...11 after tomorrow [&o]

Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
edgar3
Cruiser
Default RE: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

that sucks. Sorry you can't ride. It could be worse.
You could have never owned that dream Harley at all.
Be well.

Old 06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, so sorry to hear this. Sucks! Hope things go well for you, and you have something to look forward to past the age of fifty, new hips and possibly a new bike.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Gadgetech
Club Member
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Man, I hate to hear this not only as someone who would hate to give up my ride, but also that you have that pain to deal with.

I will say that building that 600 hp mustang could be cool though. Have fun and every once in a while you can hang your head out the window to get that bug in your teeth feeling.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope it's not too long of a delay... You have time to plan a new bike project..

Old 06-06-2007, 10:02 PM
fj4069
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear that. theres nothing worse than not being able to do what you want due to physical limitations. keep your head up. i hope you are not quitting on your dream of bike riding. this board will still be here when your 50. see you then.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 PM
Ol Biker
Road Master

Bummer, man! [sm=smiley7.gif] But, you can always hang out with us and keep that scooter spirit!
Whatever you do, good luck.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:26 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn!! Sorry to hear that man!!

Maybe look at a trike type of bike???? I have seen alot ofdifferent customs that sit more like a car??? I don't know, worth a shot??

Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry hear about your health and selling the bike. Maybe a bike or trike could be in the future when you can have the hip replacement. I wish you the very best of luck. Don't leave the forum. You have lots of experiences that can still be shared. You had the dream and it could come back. Keep on those doctors and get some more opinions. New medicine every day. Again, the best of luck and who knows....you once had a dream that came true. (600hp trike! Lets see that next.)

Old 06-06-2007, 10:51 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

Sorry to hear that you have to give up your bike. That sure doesn't mean you can't hang out here from time to time.
Take care of yourself and your family.

Quick Reply: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.