Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:05 AM
surveyor
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

Sorry to hear that. Pain sucks and you can only take so much. At least you got 10 months and alot of memories.
Good luck in what ever you do!

Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 AM
Catching a Breeze
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That's bad news man. I empathize with you.

I hope you can find another project of some type you can enjoy.

Best of luck.

Old 06-07-2007, 12:18 AM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

GREAT NAME!!!
ORIGINAL: PsTaN

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Use an HD motor...bag it!! We should start looking for some pics/ builders??? Or, BEagle seems like he might be able to put it together
ORIGINAL: PsTaN

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Damn!! Sorry to hear that man!!

Maybe look at a trike type of bike???? I have seen alot ofdifferent customs that sit more like a car??? I don't know, worth a shot??

Agreed .... Trike with the gas tank in rear ( use an old smallstainless beer keg) where a rack would be. Bend out some custom sheet metal in the front that allows you to get your legs right and ride off into the sunset!!

PsTaN
If Beagle's gonna put together a 600hp 'Stang, he can put this together instead!!

Oh hell ya .... the thing has already named itself ------> "PainKiller"

PsTaN

Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 AM
ladodgerdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Down but NOT out! Hope youstick around and give us newbies some much needed advice. Good luck and best wishes...

Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 AM
R Racing
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beagle, I truely feel your pain, It would be a tough desission for anyone to make in your shoes. On the Bright side you have a sweet Mustang, And have been blessed with a Beautiful wife and daughter, Some people woulddie to have what you do in just your family. There are many bright days ahead . And let me know if you do a supercharged or Turbo Mustang. Lets just say thats way up my alley and I have dabbled a bit in that area.

Jim

Old 06-07-2007, 02:04 AM
Marlboro
Advanced

I am very sorry for your loss.

Maybe one day you will be able to ride again. Never give up hope! Once you lose hope you have lost every thing.
Two weeks after I bought my 06 Dyna Wide Glide I srewed up my right ankle. I had to go through two surgeries and two casts and three braces. At one point I was just going to get rid of my bike because I wasn't sure I would ever be able to stand let alone ride. But I refused to give up know 13 months latter I can ride again. I can't go long distance as of yet due to the vibration causing havoc with the ankle but I can ride.
Maybe the time might be longer for you before you can ride again. But there is always hope that one day you will be able to. You said that you need a replacement joint and they won't do it till your 50. Well that might be the perfect time to buy a new bike to go with that new hip. Its never to late in life to start riding again.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Beagle1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: R Racing

Beagle, I truely feel your pain, It would be a tough desission for anyone to make in your shoes. On the Bright side you have a sweet Mustang, And have been blessed with a Beautiful wife and daughter, Some people woulddie to have what you do in just your family. There are many bright days ahead . And let me know if you do a supercharged or Turbo Mustang. Lets just say thats way up my alley and I have dabbled a bit in that area.

Jim
Jim, I have a direct line to plenty of performance parts and calibrations for 05-07 Mustangs. And superchargers at cost through my employer. But thanks for the offer. I do prefer turbos though, so we'll see. I did pick up a 2006 Legend Lime GT last night. Has the suspension and exhaust done already. I am not sure if I want to go for the 600hp mark. That would require new crank, rods, pistons (all of that my company manufactuers), but the trans & rear end would be a lot of $$$ just for bragging rights.

THANK YOU so much to everyone for your kind words. This WAS NOT easy to decide to do. I tried and tried everything to make it work. BadX modded the seat, it helped. Added Kury extenders...it helped a little. Changed the bars, etc. etc. You just can't change would is the real problem. Deformed hip sockets. I saw the X-rays...I am just a big ole' birth defect LOL.

I have been on the WWW for 12 years now, and HDforums.com is BY FAR the best site with regards to friendliness, support and brotherhood. Maybe it's because everyoine has a common goal...to ride.

I will still occasionally rent from the local stealer to take my daughter for rides. I had to tell her that to stop the crying. Then I had to agree we'd go camping. So I made some reservations and am borrowing my brother's pop up.

At least I still have the family and a good new job. And YES! As soon as I can get hips replaced I will be riding again. But it's a 12 year wait from now. Heck, I waited about 30 to get my first HD, 12 will be a piece of cake.

THANKS AGAIN EVERY ONE OF YOU!!!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 AM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey bro...I was a technicianwith Ford SVO (NVH) for 9.5 years.
Recently sold my , hot, Mustang GT.

Crazy thing? Hot as she was it still gotmore MPG than my Harley. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

I have a passion for both but with three kids and a lovely wife something had to go. LOL

Old 06-07-2007, 09:11 AM
scotchrick05
Cruiser

We'll ride for you brother.

Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
fendrix
Cruiser

Yeah this bummed me out too.

Instead of dropping money on a car you could feed your motorcycle habit and buy an English wheel and learn to form metal to make gas tanks and fenders....buy a TIG welder and learn to weld to weld gas tanks and frames....then buy a motor....then buy a transmission...take your time and BUILD the bike of your dreams. When the day comes that you finish the bike, maybe you'll be in a condition to ride. Nothing better.

Quick Reply: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.