Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.

I know that this is easy for me to say since I don't have your medical problems, but don't give up hope. It's the old "where there is a will, there is a way" idea.

Check out this guy's photo borrowed from the goldwing forum link in the General Harley Chat section. He has some major problems, but with some ingenuity evidently got around his physical barrier, keep up hope, a trike may be the way to go or who knows, someone else may have a suggestion.

If it does not work out, Godspeed to you and best of luck with the Mustang project. Everyone needs a hobby, your project sounds like a great one!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1981/A2189D1A6FF743DFBE5C0B5D3FA1C913.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-06-2007, 11:12 PM
jefx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck!

Post a pic of the 'stang when you get it!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear this. That sucks! I hope you'll still stick around here.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe its just my monster garage way of thinking. I've thought about this for awhile and haven't ever seen one. Had plans on building one someday but I'll toss the idea your way too. A back halved Mustang body complete with non funtioning convertable top.French the frame rails and install a tubed K member which is the perfect platform for a 5 liter. You see where this is going yet? A long raked springer styled front end with a fat front wheel. My plans had a seat over the engine so I could straddle to 5.0 (basically a testerone thing) but you could easily adapt that to where you'd mount the engine slightly lower and build a backbone over it to mount the front end to. you could mount a racing seat and could throttle and brake could be placed onto a sheet of diamond plate. Would it be easy? No would it be cool?**ck yeah I think so at least.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:30 PM
specks
Advanced

Beagle, take one hurdle at a time: Fix that 'Stang, get those hips and get back in the saddle. I wish you the best.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:32 PM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HDWG

Damn!! Sorry to hear that man!!

Maybe look at a trike type of bike???? I have seen alot ofdifferent customs that sit more like a car??? I don't know, worth a shot??

Agreed .... Trike with the gas tank in rear ( use an old smallstainless beer keg) where a rack would be. Bend out some custom sheet metal in the front that allows you to get your legs right and ride off into the sunset!!

PsTaN

Old 06-06-2007, 11:35 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm sorry that you have some health problems that are affecting your life. I know how it is, had a few trips to the hospital the past few years myself. But you'll get a chance to ride again someday. In the meanwhile you will have loads of fun with that Mustang.

But remember that we are here and we'd love to keep hearing from you.

Good Luck.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:55 PM
spark1707
Cruiser

Good luck with your temporary down time.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Use an HD motor...bag it!! We should start looking for some pics/ builders??? Or, BEagle seems like he might be able to put it together
ORIGINAL: PsTaN

Maybe look at a trike type of bike???? I have seen alot ofdifferent customs that sit more like a car??? I don't know, worth a shot??

Agreed .... Trike with the gas tank in rear ( use an old smallstainless beer keg) where a rack would be. Bend out some custom sheet metal in the front that allows you to get your legs right and ride off into the sunset!!

PsTaN

Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 AM
PsTaN
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use an HD motor...bag it!! We should start looking for some pics/ builders??? Or, BEagle seems like he might be able to put it together
ORIGINAL: PsTaN

PsTaN
If Beagle's gonna put together a 600hp 'Stang, he can put this together instead!!

Oh hell ya .... the thing has already named itself ------> "PainKiller"

PsTaN

Quick Reply: Ride Free Everyone...I'm done.