Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jagg oil cooler question or another make

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:09 AM
cycler
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default jagg oil cooler question or another make

Buddy of mine has a 2016 Dyna Low Rider S. Has the bung king crash bars up front so Im not sure if a jagg low mount fan assisted oil cooler will fit. I saw a thread from back in 2011 when I googled jagg oil coolers a few minutes ago that another member on the forum installed a high mount jagg oil cooler which sat above the voltage regulator. I went on Jaggs website but only saw the low mount and side mount fan and non fan assisted oil coolers. Does anyone know if Jagg still makes the high mount oil cooler or if they have adapters that can help mount their oil cooler above the voltage regulator instead of below it. Or if someone else makes one.

Old 05-31-2017, 04:57 AM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,201 Likes on 1,687 Posts

1. call jagg.. or have your buddy do it himself.

2. there's no reason you cant mount one high but, you'd be blocking airflow. there's a hole in the frame crossmember up there for horns and such. you could use that hole and find something to stabilize the cooler up there.

there the side mount option too.

call jagg and sort it out.

ultracool makes a crazy high mount for softails...

edit: found the post you were talking about....
in the very first post in the thread you are talking about, the OP said he called jagg (setrab usa)
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tall-pics.html

Originally Posted by bucket13
I just had the JAGG 10 Row Oil Cooler installed. Product # 3140 High Mount. Absolute top notch quality. I spoke directly with Marvin at Setrabusa - the JAGG distributor.

I had originally wanted the JAGG oil cooler that mounts to the lower front motor mount, which I believe is the most unobtrusive oil cooler, however, I am running a True Track and wasn't sure if I would be able to make it work as the True Track utilizes the front motor mount also.

I plan on eventually swapping out the oil lines to black braided steel lines, but will probably wait until my next oil change. I'd like the lines to be a little longer so that I can strap them to the down tubes.

Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Thanks for looking.
3140 is a universal non-fan assisted(doesn't mean you can't add a fan) model. looks like an adapter was installed to fit the crossmember i mentioned above. phone call, lol

3140: https://jagg-oil-coolers.myshopify.com/products/3140

in all honesty, that doesn't seem like the ideal place for a cooler. a side mount would probably perform better.

Last edited by cvaria; 05-31-2017 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:03 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Good Luck on this .. Done a lot of Searching and looks like a Side Mount for me if get one, as not interested in anything low for an Oil Cooler .. You might fare better having a 2016 ..

Old 05-31-2017, 10:15 AM
k-weaver
Cruiser
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi mount looks like a bad idea. You'll reduce air flow to the motor and you'll be blowing warmer air over it. Side mount is probably the best option. That being said I put HD (made by Jagg) cooler down at the motor mount on mine as I didn't like side mount look.