Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotta return mustang seat , it not for me

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gotta return mustang seat , it not for me

You back in the wind yet ?

Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 PM
jonpiper
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sure didnt want to see this ! I just ordered one ... guess I will have to wait and find out

Old 06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Trotter

Hell yes. I rode out of the dealership with a brace on my arm several weeks ago. The sales manager walked alongside the bike easing the clutch out for me while I got her moving, and I eased her on 50 miles home clutchless. I could hear the guys hanging out in front of the dealership cheering me on as I left. Still could hardly walk right, but by god sure enuff riding.

Doing better now, got a lot of the use of my left arm/hand back, still not up to long rides, but riding. Wideglide. Always loved them, last year for them, so I had to have one.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:41 PM
blueglide88
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

What Mustang seat do you have? Mine feels great after a good break-in. But everybody has different tastes and different shapes. What works for one guy doesn't always work for the next. I hope you find the seat that works for you.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:47 PM
PsTaN
Road Master

Dont feel like your the only one ... I sent a Mustang back as well.Exactly why I advocated you get it from them in your other post. Something about the seat just wasnt "right" for me. I do however think I'd like their 2-up seats. Maybe swap it for a Daytripper or a Fastback?

PsTaN

Old 06-07-2007, 12:08 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: glideridemike

ORIGINAL: voyager1

well .... the mustang seat just did not work out for me...killed my butt..like the looks of the mustang more than my sundowner.but got to take comfort over looks . put 100 miles on the seat.that was enough for me.. i know you guys tired of hearing me ramble about seats . so just thought i would update. i know many love the mustang , it just is not for me.

I try not to talk about seats anymore,LOL.

mustang was very good i must say,they give me a rma # , no questions asked. so back to my sundowner . easy on the butt ....
Which Mustang seat did you get? I have the 2 piecer, with the backrest. Rode about 400 miles the other day without a hitch in my gitalong....

[IMG]local://upfiles/23038/E271C3146D0648A98741D0853E48F18A.jpg[/IMG]

You can just get the front seat if thats what you want, with or without the backrest, and then get the fenderbib to cover the top of the rear fender. Real nice looking....

same you have , except no studs and no backrest .

Old 06-07-2007, 08:36 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

thanks . and glad i am not the only one that had a problem with the seat . thanks ...

yea,wierd hot that seat changed the way the bike hanles even. it even made it so i could not reach for forward pegs .

Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I didn't like my Mustang seat either. I sent it back. Finally had a gel pad installed in my factory seat. feels good now.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:46 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

that is why i liked the saddleman seats with jel. they do not make a saddleman for our bikes though . hell my back even hurts right now from being on the mustang yesterday,so much i am calling my doctor today .

Old 06-07-2007, 09:07 AM
matkiwi
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Psycho

ORIGINAL: Trotter

Hell yes. I rode out of the dealership with a brace on my arm several weeks ago. The sales manager walked alongside the bike easing the clutch out for me while I got her moving, and I eased her on 50 miles home clutchless. I could hear the guys hanging out in front of the dealership cheering me on as I left. Still could hardly walk right, but by god sure enuff riding.

Doing better now, got a lot of the use of my left arm/hand back, still not up to long rides, but riding. Wideglide. Always loved them, last year for them, so I had to have one.
Dude ... you're my hero ... seriously ! Good to see you are back riding ...

Quick Reply: Gotta return mustang seat , it not for me