Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 FXDF Fat Bob front turn signal relocation issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 12:51 PM
sgrever
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkalot
I have been wondering the same thing eventually I want to change my mirrors to LED signal mirrors....if you have to cut and splice, soldering followed with a heat shrink wrap is pretty dependable.....small gauge wire is not hard to solder.....if you want to avoid soldering, take a look at these connectors
I have used them many times.. https://www.posi-products.com/
and also these http://www.wago.com/221/us/?_ga=2.14...241.1495731197

Both can be bought on Amazon
Good luck!!
These are awesome! I'll show you the final result when I get the fairing and turn signals installed.

Old 05-25-2017, 01:12 PM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

You can buy a box of 22 gauge wires, 10 different colors here .

Amazon Amazon

You may want heavier wire , but you can buy all gauges, multi color, for wiring work

The following users liked this post:
sgrever (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:26 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
But the Service Manual does tell you how to disassemble or remove/replace them.
Still good for nothing but worthless smart *** answers I see!

You cut the turn signal wires off at the hand control modules and rewire them to the turn signal connectoer in the frame...6 place connector with 2 black 2 blue 1 brown and 1 violet wires...brown is right violet is left!

That information all comes with the Harley relocation kit!

Old 05-25-2017, 11:44 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
Still good for nothing but worthless smart *** answers I see!

You cut the turn signal wires off at the hand control modules and rewire them to the turn signal connectoer in the frame...6 place connector with 2 black 2 blue 1 brown and 1 violet wires...brown is right violet is left!

That information all comes with the Harley relocation kit!
No. I infer to or ask people to think through or look up their own work when the answer is going to be as plain as the nose on their face. I'm just not near as condescending as you are!
Most people on here don't eat, drink and **** Harley Davidson like you seem to do. If you want to refer to smart *** answers, you've got to look no further than how you post responses . GTFO !!!

Old 05-26-2017, 11:20 AM
watoad
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

But the Service Manual does tell you how to disassemble or remove/replace them.
This IS NOT a smartass answer, and it is in fact the only INTELEGENT response you got.
IMAGINE a piece of rope with only ONE END. Think REAL HARD.
NOW imagine a turn signal wire with only ONE END.
If you would stop telling lies about reading the service manual, and actually take a few minutes to read it, you'd find out you are disassembling the wrong end! DO you wipe your mouth when you crap or have you learned the correct end to service yourself. No matter, by now you've probably cut the wires so it's all TOO late to do it correctly. By the way, the fastest way to get that dirty oil out of your engine IS WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER.
Have fun destroying your bike.

Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by watoad
This IS NOT a smartass answer, and it is in fact the only INTELEGENT response you got.
IMAGINE a piece of rope with only ONE END. Think REAL HARD.
NOW imagine a turn signal wire with only ONE END.
If you would stop telling lies about reading the service manual, and actually take a few minutes to read it, you'd find out you are disassembling the wrong end! DO you wipe your mouth when you crap or have you learned the correct end to service yourself. No matter, by now you've probably cut the wires so it's all TOO late to do it correctly. By the way, the fastest way to get that dirty oil out of your engine IS WITH A SLEDGE HAMMER.
Have fun destroying your bike.
You...AND OldEnuf would BOTH be wrong because the service manual says NOTHING about how to wire a turn signal relocation kit...THAT information comes with the kit, from Harley, and is what I posted!

When you dont KNOW what your talking about...bad information is worse for the guy asking the question than no information!

Last edited by hog-doc; 05-26-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:27 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

No. I infer to or ask people to think through or look up their own work when the answer is going to be as plain as the nose on their face. I'm just not near as condescending as you are!
Most people on here don't eat, drink and **** Harley Davidson like you seem to do. If you want to refer to smart *** answers, you've got to look no further than how you post responses . GTFO !!!
Realy? Just what the **** was condescending or smart assed about telling the guy how to do the job hes trying to get answers for? Gave him the whole proceedure, what color wires do what and where to find the information! YOU, once again, dole out misinformation and didnt give a single ounce of help! So why dont you GTFO....or STFU unless you have actual helpfull information!

Old 05-27-2017, 01:57 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,848 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
You...AND OldEnuf would BOTH be wrong because the service manual says NOTHING about how to wire a turn signal relocation kit...THAT information comes with the kit, from Harley, and is what I posted!

When you dont KNOW what your talking about...bad information is worse for the guy asking the question than no information!
Where did I say that the Service Manual would show how to wire the turn signals up. All I said that it would show how to disassemble and/or replace them. I was taking for granted that once he disconnected them he would pay enough attention on how to rewire them! I know that there are instructions that come with almost every part that you can get from the MoCo and if they're missing you can go to the website and get them from there.. I dropped my signals down from the bars as soon as I got the FXDWG.

If you weren't spending all your time trying to run this forum and being the absolute authority on HD's maybe you wouldn't come off as being such an ***.

Last edited by OldEnuf2NoBtr; 05-27-2017 at 02:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:18 AM
DrewNJ
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

If it's the same as my 14' FXDF you basically cut the wires off at the bottom and just inside of each switch housing. Pull the lights. You'll have to then seal off the wires/holes on the bottom of the switch housing. I used liquid electrical tape to seal the short stubby cut wire ends and then tucked them inside the switch housing. Before I put the switch housing covers back on I used some 5min epoxy to seal the holes on the bottom of the cover.
From there dig the wiring harness out of the frame neck on the bike and you'll find 2 unused connectors that you'll use to now connect your lights at the frame. Either buy and crimp fresh oem plugs on your lights or splice them directly.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:37 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

to seal wire ends that have been cut off I also use a little dab of Liquid Elect Tape, let it dry, then cover with electric tape.....probably over done but effective protection against shorts. Here is a link

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: 2016 FXDF Fat Bob front turn signal relocation issue