Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

90181-08A Detachable Saddlebags WITH Detachable Sissy Bar

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 11:45 AM
AUTOT3K
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 90181-08A Detachable Saddlebags WITH Detachable Sissy Bar

hey guys.
Im having a hard time finding a straight answer, I search the threads and find all kinds of answers about using off make brackets or use these mounts etc etc.

I currently have a HD detachable sissy bar with luggage rack, so I have the docking points for that on the fender.

I want detachable saddle bags, the hd part number is 90181-08A but how do I install them? just add the new docking hardware on top of the existing docking hardware that's there for the sissy bar?
in the instructions, they show a photo "with P&A Accessories" and it shows 2 of each docking point.... is that what I'd have to do?

sorry for the dumb question and thanks for the help!

Old 05-20-2017, 12:37 PM
fueler
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The HD picture looks like the docking points are installed but it is a bad picture at that angle. You can't see how far the mounts extend from the fender plus in that picture the parts for the detachable sissy bar aren't there. And that's something you need.
Since you have the ability to use detachable items, you would use the HD kit to mount the bags, but you'd need longer bolts in order to use both the removable bags and allow use for the detachable sissy bar.

I am typing out more than I need to. I'm doing this upgrade right now using leatherworks bags and their easy brackets, sounds like you know of this as it's not an HD product but should work the same. Here are the mounts, for use with detachable sissy bar and the outer points to mount the bags. See how with or without the sissy bar mounts the only thing that changes is the bolt length to mount this up?

I hope that answers your questions. I bought the HD mount kit, the docking hardware kit but for use with detachable sissy bar etc products.

Old 07-26-2019, 02:38 PM
FTW.
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the vikings lamellar painted on my 13 street bob, used there brackets, which are sturdier than most people say they are. Just got better hardware, grade 8 all around and mounted the harley quick detach mounts along with it. Looks great IMO

Old 07-26-2019, 03:23 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 734 Likes on 564 Posts

You have this right. I have the setup you are looking at and yes, you add the docking points on to the strut bolts on the outside of the sissy mounting dock points. It does require longer bolts though.