Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Draggin the Pegs

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
RazorFXDB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draggin the Pegs

I've scraped as far down as my primary. Didn't know I did it until I washed the bike the other day and saw that I had scraped the powder coat off of it.

If you start scraping your knees, I'd say you might be getting close to laying it down.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 PM
JayFromPa
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm more of a go fast and straight kind of guy. I like a a little bit of the twisties now and then, but if involves draggin any part of me or my machine along the asphalt, I'm out.

To each their own, I always say.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:17 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master

ORIGINAL: jonpiper
I really dont see the point in doing that to a expensive HD .... sad thing is a cheaper decent sportbike will kill you guys in curves.

bragging about dragging parts of your bike on the concrete is about as cool as an arsehole on my forearm .
And, that cheaper faster bike will never feel the way a Harley does when you roll that throttle at the appex.

As for braggin about draggin parts, how the hell am I gonna explain needin new stuff if I don't wear out stuff.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:06 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jharp

You guys must have better roads than I've got to choose from in Houston. I have forward controls and the only thing I drag is my right heal on turns.

Jim
Yep, Houston is pretty flat! But there are a few roads on the outskirts where you can drag the pegs.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:27 PM
footpeg
Intermediate

I am with Ratbasturd on comming out of the apex. I have two BMW's and they are smoother and fasterall the way through the curves but I usually ride the Harley nowadays,because the BMW's don't have the Harely feel, sound and pull. There is just something about riding a Harley that can't be duplicated.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 PM
cstolp
Road Captain

My main concern with draggin pegs would be if they hooked on a road imperfection. I can see gettin tossed off the bike in a hury.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:51 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Some of us actually learned to ride on bikes that handle and either don't know how or just don't want to dial it back to accomodate the Dynas lack of ground clearance.And some of us just can't afford a Harley AND a Ducatti,Triumph,Buell or some other sporty bike.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:09 PM
h9ll
Cruiser

I still don't get how it is possible to consistently drag/grind parts of a Harley on turns. Sure, I get how someone can get the peg or footboard draggin' occasionally but I can not fathom how hard or fast into a corner you'd have to go to start grinding the exhaust bolts and other parts. I ride pretty fast and like nothing more than throwing it into the corners but I've yet to hit one that results in grinding.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:19 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

None of my buisiness but how much you weigh? If you can ride a Bob hard in the corners and not drag anything you either don't weigh enough to compress the shocks or have them cranked up all the way like me or both.The first right hand turn I took on the way home from the dealership the day I bought my Bob I scraped something.My shocks were on the lowest setting from the dealer and aside from the lack of cornering clearance it also bottomed out pretty frequently.Luckily I stumbled upon an old Suzuki shock wrench lying around my garage and decided to try cranking them up.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:47 PM
h9ll
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: SPECIAL ED

None of my buisiness but how much you weigh? If you can ride a Bob hard in the corners and not drag anything you either don't weigh enough to compress the shocks or have them cranked up all the way like me or both.The first right hand turn I took on the way home from the dealership the day I bought my Bob I scraped something.My shocks were on the lowest setting from the dealer and aside from the lack of cornering clearance it also bottomed out pretty frequently.Luckily I stumbled upon an old Suzuki shock wrench lying around my garage and decided to try cranking them up.
Thanks for the response. 195 lbs...must be cranked up all the way will check it out tonight. Only bottomed out on me 2x so far once over some railroad tracks and once over a pot hole. When I brought it in for the 1k service I mentioned it to the dealer. Haven't had any issues with it since.

Quick Reply: Draggin the Pegs