Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDLS 2-1 pipes and Leatherpro Tsport bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default FXDLS 2-1 pipes and Leatherpro Tsport bags

I have the Leatherpro retro T sport bags. I finally got around to ordering an exhaust, and went with the Bassani road rage 2 1D12RB.

I am now a little concerned that this may end up melting my LP bag. Does anyone have any firsthand experience with an FXDLS and this exhaust and these bags? If it does work when I am solo, I am also concerned that when my wife hops on, that the bags may wind up being way too close.

I have searched and read it is close. I am wondering if I would be better off going with the 1D18RB Bassan road rage b1? OR maybe another pipe all together??

I called Bassani, and was informed the head pipes are identical, muffler length is only difference. The online sites claiming the b1 is for big HP motors are incorrect, that description is from their bagger pipes where the B1 is for big HP motors, but on the Dyna there is zero difference besides muffler length (which may help prevent bag problems?)

The Road rage series is my first choice for exhaust. I just want to make sure I am not going to have problems with my bags, as that would be a deal breaker.

Looking for opinions, experience, advice, and pics.
Lets see your 2-1 pipes with LP bags!

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2017, 05:32 PM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

I have seen people install a heat deflector plate under the bag. dont know if anyone sells them, but im sure you could easily make one.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:34 PM
Relbus
Cruiser
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I thought about hat as well. I'm just concerned that if it's that close sitting there unladen, when I add myself, my wife, and packed bags it will be way too close. Might still go for it, tempting when the box from Bassani arrived today!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:03 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,540 Likes on 2,146 Posts

Originally Posted by emperor wurm
I have seen people install a heat deflector plate under the bag. dont know if anyone sells them, but im sure you could easily make one.
Leather pro bags have a heat shield installed already. And concern about clearance is justified. My fuel moto e series won't work with the LP bags.