Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P06 Remap/download

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:02 AM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P06 Remap/download

OK, two local dealers. Both can get me high flow A/C and SEII slip ons for my 06 Dyna. One dealer says they have a down load, the other dealer says there is no downloads for dynas, and with the O2 sensers I dont need one???????? HELP!! If I dont need the D/L good, but I dont want to run to lean and burn my valves.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: P06 Remap/download

OK, two local dealers. Both can get me high flow A/C and SEII slip ons for my 06 Dyna. One dealer says they have a down load, the other dealer says there is no downloads for dynas, and with the O2 sensers I dont need one???????? HELP!! If I dont need the D/L good, but I dont want to run to lean and burn my valves.
I think the second dealer is right. If I remember right , the 06's have EFI with "closed loop system" which will take care of a/c and slip on's. You may want to check further.

Old 10-10-2005, 01:36 AM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the best I can find out there is no Remap for the 06 Dyna yet.
Some dealers are using the 05 map on the 06 which seems to be working.

According the info my dealer got from Harley no remap is necessary for slipons
but if you also do the high flow AC you will need a remap.

I am running SEII slipons with the stock AC. My dealer had it on their sniffer
and said it is in very acceptable levels.
I am waiting for the 06 remap before I do the AC because it is running OK
and it sounds fine. I do not want to spend $149.00 for a map and then find out
a better one available.

Willie

Old 10-10-2005, 02:09 AM
The Punisher
Banned

I spoke with a service manager at Kersting Harley Davidson. I was referred to them by another forum member who had a/c and SE II's done to his 06 Dyna. The service manager told me that the download they use for the 2006 Dyna's was available in the "Digital Tech" software loaded into the laptop computer that all Harley Dealers use for remapping the EFI. He also told me that it wasn't necessary because of the O2 sensors. That the systems should recalibrate itself. Apparently that is what they are for. To analyze the exhaust and make the appropriate adjustments. I have purchased the stage 1 kit and the SE II slip ons for 2006 Dyna's. I received the a/c but the pipes are on back order. When the pipes come in I'm going to put them on with the stage 1 kit and see how the bike runs before I get the download. Hope this helps all the 06 Dyna owners out there.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Thanks everyone, the more I think about it, the more it seams that a pipe change only would not have much effect on air/fuel mixture. The SEII slipons would have lees back pressure, but like stated already, the O2 sensers should adjust for that. Willie, have you checked your plugs since running the pipes? Do they appear to be running lean? The only thing I worry about is burning the valves.

Old 10-10-2005, 06:50 PM
WillieC
Road Master

Willie, have you checked your plugs since running the pipes? Do they appear to be running lean?
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

My plugs are white on the electrodes and brown to black around the outside on both.
They have been the same with stock or SE II slipons.

The more important thing is that the DYNA/sniffer indicated that it was not running too
lean and it was tested before and after the pipe change.

I would not do the pipes and AC both without a remap though.

Willie

Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
grizzly
Road Master

Thats what I am thinking......slip ons for now, and when the EFI thing is figured , do that and the A/C. Thanks

Old 10-12-2005, 12:35 PM
grizzly
Road Master

pipes in yet big dog?

Old 10-31-2005, 11:02 PM
06dynguy
Stage I

howdy,
New guy here, had my 06 FXDI for about 6 weeks now (love the bike!). Just bought service manual and did 1000 mile oil change. According to EFI description in service manual, the O2 sensors allow the system to regulate A/F mixture to 14.6 to 1. (which is where most auto systems maintain for best emissions/ecomony). This, along with the MAP (Manifold absolute Pressure) sensor would seem to mean that the EFI will compensate for intake/exhaust changes (within the capability for the fuel pump and injectors). From what else I've read though, I think Techlusion will have a box available for it soon that may allow you to increase the ratio to around 13 or so to 1. This is closer to the ration that gives best HP/torque on dynos. Hopes the helps alittle.

One more thing from the service manual for 06 dynas. The primary chaincase and trans take a new "FORMULA + TRANSMISSION AND PRIMARY CHAINCASE OIL" . I saw this just before I was about to put the regular HD chaincase oil and the regular HD tranny oil in. Called the dealer and they said for warranty you have to use the new oil. They didn't have any yet but said I could use the new SYN3. But that'll be for a different post.

Later and ride safe!

Old 10-31-2005, 11:37 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Be very careful if you add a SE/AC and you don't get the download. The closed-loop system on the '06 Dynas is made by Delphi. From what I've read on other forums, the system is very, very limited in the amount of compensating it can do. They say it is patterned after the Delphi system used on autos. The 02 sensors only work in cruise and idle range. That means your bike could end up running very lean. This is just stuff I've read on other forums, so I don't know how much stock to put in it the info, but they seemed like some pretty knowledgable guys.

Personally, I called Chicago Harley and spoke to a tech there. He said the bike would need to have the EFI re-mapped if I got the SE AC. He told me that most '06 Dynas run fine with just SE slip-ons and no download, but has seen a few that would pop and needed the download just for pipes. There is some confusion on whether '06 models even use downloads anymore. HD is now calling them cartridges, but from what I have seen it's just another name for basically the same thing.

For those of you who've been told by dealers that there is no download for '06 Dynas, tell them to look up part #34239-06 ..here is a link to show them. They are full of sh*t.

http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewite...239%2D06&Back=

Quick Reply: P06 Remap/download