Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P06 Remap/download

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Renegade
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P06 Remap/download

Talk about confusing.[:@]

I want to put on the SE Slash Downs with a high flow a/c as well. Sounds like this normally routine matter is akin to launching the freakin' Space Shuttle!

Old 12-28-2005, 07:58 PM
ItsaHarley
Advanced

Well, the upside to all this is that as more and more after market ECM managers are available, think how easy it will be do tune your bike by plugging up your laptop to your bike and letting it do it's thing.

Old 12-29-2005, 08:11 PM
johnpiech
Cruiser

I spoke to the service manager at my dealer, here's the scoop.

They are using a teclusion unit (like a power commander, this is just my dealer's preferred brand for Harleys). This unit is just now available for the 06 Dyna. They have a map to accomodate the intake kit, cams, 1550 kit, and SEII slip-ons (the combo I went with). The unit retains the closed loop sensors in the stock header pipes, and will compensate for minor (altitude/temp) changes, just like it would stock.

So they get in the ballpark with the techlusion provided map, a little testing, and the closed loop stock FI system can dial it in from there.

Old 12-31-2005, 05:33 AM
rocamotacoca
Intermediate

I believe I read every thread on this issue and still confused. I just bought a K&N a/c. I am planning on getting the power commnader III w/ USB ( http://www.powercommander.com/811-511.shtml ) and adding SE II slip-ons. Am I missing anything? I just want the HD sound and don't care much about performance. It's fast enough as it is. Any help is much appreciated.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:50 PM
rde
Road Captain

I had the same confusion about the need for the ECM download ( cartridge ) when you just add SE slip ons.
My dealership and service department are emphatic that adding SE slip ons does not require the ECM recalibration. You must do the recalibration if you add the SE A/C Stage 1.

I think its probably wise to check your plugs to make sure you aren't running too lean once you add the slip ons.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:43 AM
claydbal
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: johnpiech

I spoke to the service manager at my dealer, here's the scoop.

They are using a teclusion unit (like a power commander, this is just my dealer's preferred brand for Harleys). This unit is just now available for the 06 Dyna. They have a map to accomodate the intake kit, cams, 1550 kit, and SEII slip-ons (the combo I went with). The unit retains the closed loop sensors in the stock header pipes, and will compensate for minor (altitude/temp) changes, just like it would stock.

So they get in the ballpark with the techlusion provided map, a little testing, and the closed loop stock FI system can dial it in from there.

closed loop is only at cruise and is very narrow in its abilty to compensate. you need a more advanced tuning device.

Old 01-09-2006, 05:32 PM
MikeO
Advanced

ORIGINAL: rde

I had the same confusion about the need for the ECM download ( cartridge ) when you just add SE slip ons.
My dealership and service department are emphatic that adding SE slip ons does not require the ECM recalibration. You must do the recalibration if you add the SE A/C Stage 1.

I think its probably wise to check your plugs to make sure you aren't running too lean once you add the slip ons.

I just spoke with my service tech on Sunday and got the same story you got rde. Just adding the SEII slip ons requires no download. He swears it will work great without it, well see this spring???

Old 01-09-2006, 05:53 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 152 Likes on 43 Posts

Generally adding JUST mufflers on any bike will not require a download...HOWEVER a fuel enrichment device of some sort like a TFI will wake that bike up and it will run much better too.They are very lean from the factory. When you add the air cleaner, you adjust the unit again. If you are doing more mods like cams or heads, then the PCIII or sert would be in order.

https://www.hdforums.com/forumid_247/tt.htm

Keep in mind too that the 02 sensors on that bike can only richen the fuel within certain parameters and if more fuel is needed because of other mods , then the system can't do that and you run lean.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:55 PM
grizzly
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive posted this already, but SEII slip ons, SE A/C and the factory download and the bike runs great.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:06 AM
romac
Cruiser

grizzly,

Thanks for posting the info. I have my Street Bob coming in April and have already picked up my SEII's and SE A/C (30% off Christmas sale) and will have them put on my bike for delivery. What Download(part #) did you have installed?

Rob

Quick Reply: P06 Remap/download